Long night in Paris - Joseph Turner [smut]

"City of lights." Vivian commented as she stared up at the sky.

It was magnificent. The French were celebrating their free city and you haven't been so proud until today. The various colours lit up your face and you turned to your friends, smiling. You caught Turner's eyes and butterflies spawned in your stomach. You've always had a crush on him, since day one.

"I suppose we can celebrate now." Your Lieutenant said.

"There's a five star hotel not far from here," Crowley spoke up. "I hope it hasn't been bombed or too ruined."

"I'm down for that." You spoke up. "It'd be nice to finally sleep in a bed."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Zussman asked the gang. "I hope there's a rec room." He said with a victorious smile, rubbing his hands together.

"Sure, why not. Let's check it out." Pierson commented. You swore you saw a smile wanting to creep up on his serious face.

Crowley and Rousseau led the way and you and your platoon followed. You saw the French celebrating and it was such a beautiful sight. Once the war was over, that'd probably be you. You saw a couple kissing ferociously and you blushed for an unknown reason. You thought of... Turner. Maybe... no that's nonsense, he's pretty much your boss and your follow his orders.

"Ah, I'm glad it's still standing." Crowley's voice snapped you out of your thoughts.

You looked up the building. It was a little beat up on the outside, but all of the buildings were like that. "It's perfect." You commented.

You said your goodbyes to Crowley and Rousseau and headed inside the hotel with your boys. The inside seemed pretty much intact. "Wanna play a game of cards?" Zussman offered.

"Nah, I'm gonna get some rest. That mission was tiring." You answered and Zussman simply nodded, patting you on your back. He and Daniels ran off to somewhere and you chuckled under your breath. You marched up the steps and you found your room in a hallway.

"Private." You heard a voice behind you and your heart skipped a beat.

You turned and found Turner. "Lieutenant."

He seemed... nervous. "Do you dance?"

"Do I dance?" You repeated.

"Yeah. The French are celebrating outside and I figured we could join them." He explained while rubbing the back of his neck.

You relaxed and smiled. "I'd love to."

He smiled and he took out his arm and you hooked yours with his.

"I'll admit it, I'm not the best dancer." You told Turner.

"Neither am I, Y/N." He said. Your heart skipped a beat when he called you by your first name instead of your last name.

You had joined the party. People were signing along to the songs and dancing to the beat. Nobody seemed bothered by your presence and Turner's. You placed your arms around his neck and his hands rested on your waist and he pushed you closer to him.

"You did a great job today, Private." He began.

"I could say the same, Lieutenant." You said. You weren't really paying attention to what he was saying. Your mind was just running wild. You've never been so close to Turner, let alone him holding onto your waist. His hand wandered up to your hair and played with the Y/H/C locks.

The both of you must have been dancing for what seemed like forever and now the song was playing a slow song. Turner gripped a little harder on your waist and pulled you closer to him. Your heart was beating like crazy and you tried your best to keep your breathing stable. You looked up at the man through your lashes. "You're very beautiful, Y/N."