Chapter Fifteen: There's a Gym For a Reason

Everybody wants to be a be a cat
Because a cat's the the only cat who knows where it's at
Tell me, everybody's pickin' up on that feline beat
'Cause everything else is obsolete
A square horn makes you wish you weren't born
Every time he plays
But with a square in the act
You can set the music back to the caveman days
I've heard some corny birds who tried to sing
Still a cat's the only cat
Who knows how to swing
What wants to dig a long-haired gig stuff like that?
When everybody wants to be a cat.

"Why are you subjecting me to this torture?" I groan as I hit my head on the back of the car seat as we go to pick up Flynn for the dinner with me and Johnathan's grandmother.

"Is this where I turn?" Johnathan asks ignoring my previous statement as he turns to pull up to Flynn's house.

"Yeah," I say a bit late because Johnathan has already parked his truck in the driveway.

"Sweet. Let's go get mister charmer."

"Mister charmer?" I question Johnathan, smirking at the dumb nickname.

"Yeah, cause you know, Flynn can lure any girl he wants to him..." Johnathan starts but soon ends as he notices my death glare directed at him. "Well sorry you woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He says as I open my door and get out.

I just stare at him through the windshield as I open the door. "Flynn?" I hesitantly call out.

"Are you ready. The sooner we get there the sooner we leave, the sooner we leave the sooner I can pretend I have a life." I call through the house. "Flynn Carl Ash!?" I yell as I peek into the kitchen only to turn around to see a, very shirtless, water droplets still on his chest, messed up hair, half shaven faced, Flynn.

"You do know there's a door bell for a reason? Right?" Flynn asks causing my eyes to widen, I forgot to ask before entry, I just barged right in as if I own the place.

"Uhhh... You know there's a gym for a reason." I stupidly shoot out, boys are self conscious about their ab's right? Not that I could complain about his abs, I mean what does he do for a living? Sit ups? Why is it not against the law to have bodacious muscles? 'Sixteen year old Flynn Ash, arrested for over defined ab's', that'd make the headlines for sure. Most importantly, how does he keep them that hidden under his shirt.

"Are you gonna stare all day or get on with your life, I mean, I know I'm beautiful and all, but I don't have time for autographs. Maybe later I'll sign your cheek or something?" Flynn smirks as if the world is his causing my mouth to hang open in disbelief.

"I... Well... You... I came to say that there will be boundaries and rules at this dinner. For one, we have to act like soulmates because apparently my grandmother sees the bad in everyone, soo we have to be perfect. For two, even though we act like a couple there will be no kissi-"

"What kinda grandma is that?" Flynn cuts me off as he wanders back to the bathroom causing me to follow after him and try to pretend that his back muscles weren't beautiful.

"I don't know I've never met he-"

"Wait, you've never met you grandmom?" Flynn asks making me realize that he doesn't really knows sh¡t about my life.

"No, you see when I was three my biological mum went to prison for attempt of murder. My biological dad decided he didn't want me so he set me up for an open adoption while he kept my twin, Johnathan. My mum went to court to fight to be able to see me and Jonathan once a month, so, once a month we go and visit her. My adopted mom went off the deep end when I was five or six after a family tragedy and my non-biological parents divorced. I lived with my mom, they're true son, Sherman went with dad. My mom and I got in a fight, I came here, my mom overdosed, I met Jonathan for the first time since we were nine then dad and Johnathan moved here and the other day when I met Johnathan was the first time I had any communication with any of my blood family, other than my mum, in a long time." I sum it all up and take a deep breath. "Hence never meeting her slash not remembering meeting her. So there will be no kissing during this while fiasco. Now hurry up, we're going to be late." I turn and walk out of the bathroom and into his conjoined bedroom, leaving no time for arguments.

"Hey Sily?" Flynn calls out as I land on his perfectly made bed. "You look good in that dress." Flynn states as if it were a well known fact making my cheeks heat up.

"Just hurry. " I snap trying to pretend his words didn't affect me.

You are amazing! Hard to believe isn't? I don't feel amazing, but everyone is amazing in their own way!