Broken

Teagan's P.O.V

Hoppin' off Kyle's bike, I picked my way around the headstones till I came to my brother's grave. At the moment, it was just a mound of dirt and a bunch of dead flowers. A marker that the funeral home placed there, was how I found it. His headstone would be in, in a few weeks. I plopped down, and started talkin'. "Hey, bubby. God I miss you. I can't believe it's been three weeks already. I brought you something." I dug through my bag, till I found the bottle of Jack.

"See bub, I brought you your favorite. Want some?" Obviously, I didn't wait for a response. I just poured out some on his grave, then took a greedy swallow. And then, I continued to talk. "You would have loved your service and after party. Brantley, had said wonderful words and well, you know me. I fucked everything up." I needed another swig before continuing. "Why didn't you ever tell me, you knew Brantley fuckin' Gilbert? I mean come on bub, you knew how much I loved him. You so could've help a sister out. Anyways... Momma is being a bitch. She wants to pack all your stuff up. It's only been three weeks. How could she do that?"

Every so often, I would take a swig from the bottle as I talked. The longer I talked the more fucked up I got. My words started slurrin', and I started slumpin' over. Before I knew it, I was curled up around Kyle's grave. I'm pretty sure I passed the fuck out.

Brantley's P.O.V

I had racked my head as to where she could be. I went to my house, the ABC store everywhere I could think of. Then it hit me. The cemetery! Baby Girl, would want to be with with her brother. I called Mrs. Hart, and let her know I knew where she was. Then I told her that when I got her, I was taking her home with me. She started to protest, but I stop her. "Ma'am, with all due respect. She's in a bad way. And bein' here isn't helpin' her. Let me take her with me. I leave next week, for part of my tour. I can take her with me, and help her. I've been where she is." When she finally gave in, I hung up the phone and raced to the cemetery.

I hop out of my truck, which was now parked next to Kyle's bike and make my way to the grave. It didn't take long to find her. What surprised me was the three empty bottles of Jack. For such a wee female, she sure could drink. With a shake of my head, I scooped her up and headed back to my truck.

Once I had Kyle's bike secured, I headed home. I knew Teagan would be beyond pissed. Hell, if I was in her shoes, I'd be livid. I was taking her right to choose from her. When she woke up, I'd have to explain to her that this was the best thing for her. And I knew she'd fight me tooth and nail. But, I was ready for it. I had everyone with me in this.

Once home, I slipped her into my bed and covered her up. I'd let her sleep, she'd need it. Cause the next few days were going to be rough.

Leaving her to rest, I went to her home and helped her momma pack up her things. Mrs. Hart sniffled and wiped tears away. She didn't say anything except for me to take care of her baby. And I would. I'd do anything to make sure she got through this.