Preparation

Teagan's POV

My momma had pretty much shut down when I told her about Kyle. So I had to pull my shit together and step up to the plate. Kyle deserved that much. I just wasn't really sure how to start. I guess phone calls had to be made.

I called Timmy first. He was one of the guys Kyle rode with. "Timmy?" I sniffled into the phone. "Teagan? Baby Girl, what's wrong?" His voice sounded so worried about me. "Kyle won't be comin' home." My voice cracked and I sobbed. I heard hin cuss somethin' fierce before replyin'. "Aww hell, Teag. I'm so damn sorry." I could tell he ment it. I took a deep breath and released it slowly, trying hard to get my shit together. "Thanks, Timmy. Look, I need a favor." "Anythin', Baby Girl. Just name it." Another deep breath and release. "Umm, can you get a hold of Brantley? Kyle always spoke so highly of him. I was kinda hoping he might say somethin' at the funeral."

There was a moment of silence, then he spoke. "I gotcha, Baby Girl." I sniffled and bit my lip so I wouldn't sob again. "Thank you, Timmy. Ohh. One more thing, can you and the guys escort Kyle's body from the Airport to the funeral home and so on?" I knew Kyle would have loved that. "Of course, Teag. You know we will. Just let me know when." I thanked him again and told him I would. Once I hung up with Timmy, I made a few more calls before I tried to take a nap.

Brantley's POV

I was chillin' on the bus in Nashville, just watchin' TV with Sylo when my phone goes off. Checkin' the caller ID, I see Timmy's fugly mug. "Yo, brother! What's happenin?" I chuckle into the phone. There's a pause then a deep sigh. "Hey, man. I got some bad news." I rub my eyes and stand to pace the bus. "Ok, bud. Let me hear it." There's another long pause. I had to check my damn phone to see if I dropped the call. "Timmy?" There's a deep sufferin' sigh that meets my ears. "Kyle's gone man. He died the other day." I drop on my bed and hung my head. "Shit man. I really liked that kid. What happened?" "I know ya did. And to be honest, I'm not sure. His kid sister Teagan called me. She was real torn up." I flop back on the bed and sighs heavily. "I never met her, but I know about her. Kyle always talked about her." I heard him clear his throat. "Look, BG. She wants you to come home and speak at the funeral. Baby Girl, said Kyle always spoke highly of you." Rubbin' my eyes. "When?" "Should be sometime this week." I sigh. "Well, I'm in Nashville for two more days, but then I have a month break. Tell her I'll do it. Hell, give her my number if ya want."

I can hear some of the guys in the background makin' cheers to Kyle. This was one of the times I wished I still drank. I sure as shit could use one. "Ok, BG. I will let her know. There's one more thing. She wants us to escort the body from the Airport to the funeral home and so on." "I'm down if I'm back before hia body gets home."

We say our goodbyes and hang up. I turn the TV off and get Sylo to come to bed with me. I was really upset about Kyle, so I needed my ass to bed, so I didnt do somethin' stupid. Two more days and my ass was headin' home.