The viewing

Teagan's POV

  Once the door to the bay is closed, I thank everyone for comin' and inform them of the plans for tomorrow.  It would start at nine in the morning. Everyone would meet here for a family and friends viewing, then they would escort the Hurst to the grave yard. Then there would be a short service where Brantley and I would speak. After all that there was a brunch.

  Brantley said something about a cook out and bonfire at his place in honor of Kyle. I smiled a little at that. I knew Kyle wouldn't want us sad and crying the whole time, he'd want us to celebrate his life.

  Now this was the hard part.  I had to march my ass into the funeral home and view Kyle's body. This would be the first time I saw him in almost a year. The sad thing was, it wasn't really my brother. It would be an empty shell of him.

  Biting my bottom lip, I scoot a bit closer to Brantley and tug on the hem of his shirt.  He looks down at me and wraps an arm around my shoulders. "What's up, Darlin?" I clear my throat and take off my sun glasses to look at him. My bright, but sad green eyes shine up at him. "Umm, would you come with me?" I look over my shoulder to the funeral home and back to him.  "I don't think I can do this by myself." All he does is nod and pull me a bit closer.

  We waited for everyone to leave before headin' to the double doors up front. Brantley kept a protective arm around me and opened the door with his free hand. We were greeted by the funeral director, an older gentleman with salt and pepper hair. He looked very somber as I introduced Brantley and myself, before asking to see my brother. He nodded and escorted us to a room off to the side. I saw Kyle's coffin against the wall, flowers already surrounding him. The director opened the coffin before retreating to his office.

  I stood frozen in the doorway, just staring at my brothers body. I felt Brantley rub my arm and whisper in my ear. "Baby Girl, ya don't have to do this.  Kyle would completely understand." I shook my head as I blinked repeatedly.  Trying so hard not to cry. "No, I have to do this." With that, I pushed away from him and made my way to the coffin. Looking down at Kyle, I gasp softly.  Kyle looked so peaceful.  Almost like he was sleeping. I half expected him to pop up and grab me. But sadly I knew that wasn't gunna happen.

  Laying a shaking hand on Kyle's arm, I just stare at him. Quietly I start talking to him, even though I know he can't hear me. "Hey, big brother.  I can't believe you're actually gone. What am I gunna do without my best friend?" I feel the tears slippin' down my face, and I leave them unchecked.  "Kyle, I so need you still. I feel so lost. I love you, Kyle." I start sobbing and my legs threaten to give out on me. Before I hit the floor and pass out, I feel strong arms catch me.

                      Brantley's POV

  I was shocked as shit when wee Teagan asked me to join her. She didn't even know me but a few hours. Why not Timmy or one of the other guys? But when I saw her beautiful yet sad green eyes looking up at me, I knew I'd do anything she asked.

  I wrapped her in my arm tightly and walked her inside. I stayed silent through the introduction, just standing with her as a life line. When the director showed us to the room where Kyle now laid, I thought she would change her mind. Teagan stood stock still, her eyes wide like a deer in headlights. I had to try and comfort her. Whispering to her as I rubbed her arm. But she pushed me away and walked stiffly towards her brothers coffin.

  I had to admire her will.  She was trying so hard.  I walked closer to towards Teagan, just in case she needed me. I could hear her talking to Kyle. Her words breaking my heart, but what killed me was her sobs. They were heart wrenching. As she staggered back, I knew she was gunna lose it. I caught her right before she hit the floor. I cradled her to me, and walked to a couch.  Holdin' her close to me, I sat down. Shifting her slightly, I dug for my phone to call Timmy. I told him to grab my truck and two guys to drive our bikes back.

  With in ten minutes Timmy came barreling into the funeral home callin out for us. I stood carefully and walked out the room, almost plowing into him. He frowned down at her still form resting in my arms.  "What the hell happened, BG? She was fine when I left." I nodded over my shoulder to the room I just vacated, then walked out the building. Timmy looked in and knew what happened. He made the sign of the cross before following me out.

  Barkin' at the two guys to take the bikes to Teagan's house, I laid her down gently in the back seat. Hoppin' in the truck, I waited for Timmy's big ass to climb in. The ride was silent and short thankfully.