Chapter Twenty-Two - Ruby Red

New chapter, hope you like it *u*.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter Twenty-Two

Ruby Red

Jimmy's P.O.V

Rachael sat snuggled into me as we watched some TV. 

My mom had put James down for a nap giving Rachael and myself some time while my dad went out to go buy some stuff at the store. I had told him I should come, but he waved me off and said he could do it. The house seems silent, mainly since Zac is gone. He needed to get back to campus to meet up with someone. 

I feel it's a girl, mainly since how he got a text at the table during our late lunch and announced how he had to leave. 

 Though I'll leave him be about it, he had a lot going on, and hell- so do I. All-Star game coming up soon, and yet my stomach was still in knots and my mind was everywhere. Well, except for these few days lately. I've been grounded with my family here. Which has been the best. 

My mom and Rachael have been shopping and cooking and just hanging out with James and just being together. Then Dad and I have been everywhere. He even at one point tagged along with me to the Joe for one practice. He really enjoyed talking to Babs and Lidstrom. He enjoyed the whole experience. 

With was great to see him, sitting there in the stands with that always calculating face as he watched me go at it. It reminded me of my college hockey days. It reminded me of those days when Zac and I played street hockey with the boys and just wasted away out summer.

I smiled as I thought about those times, and with that my mother appeared to my side. 

"Jimmy, I'm going to steal Rachael for a while," She smiled as she glanced from Rachael to me. Rachael got up and with a few this and thats they both began to head towards the garage. "Have fun you two," I yelled to them as I smiled and leaned back. 

My mind began to go back to those days of early hockey, I began to remember getting drafted.

They called my name. My knees wanted to give out on me as I stood up and smiled, hugging my mom and dad smiling at Zac as he sat there. Brace-face and crocked tie. My feet kept moving even though my mind was still in complete shock. A smile, a picture. Everything was done. I was drafted by Detroit. 

Then I thought to another time, my first NHL playoff game.

My stomach was in my throat and I really wanted to vomit at first. Fast speeds, instant moves, rushed thoughts. Three goals rushed past me, and I couldn't stop them. I just couldn't grab them. I felt like an idiot and I was completely embarrassed. I wanted to jump into a hole and disappear. But then- the next game against them- it was a shutout, 3-0. With that little win it felt like I was on fire. 

A loud shrill cry pierced my ears and stopped my thoughts. I stood up and quickly stretched before heading to go get James.

Aubrey's P.O.V

I was tired, worn out, and wanting to die.

After arriving here really early and then realizing while pigging out at my Aunt's I had gained almost a whole pound, which made me feel gross. Mainly since I had been an emotional wreck (on the inside) during the whole vacation.

Because of one damn hockey player. 

Anyway, after arriving back I had made my way to the gym and ran for about 4 miles. Making myself, now, feel like shit. While running, I decided to text the same damn hockey player informing him I was back. Though no reply.