Another Party

(A/N): Song of The Chapter: Midnight City by M83

**********

My eyes scanned the reflection the mirror showed me. I'd left my hair open as always and the curls framed my face. My dress was short and uncomfortable. It was a pale blue with small white butterflies on the side. My lips shined because of the light red chapstick I had on and a faint blush adorned my cheeks. Thick eyeliner stood out from my face and I gagged.

"You look good, Natasha." Someone said and I turned to spot Dad leaning on my room's doorframe.

"It's Jillian's birthday, Dad. Not mine. Why can't I wear something nice?" I asked sitting down on my bed with a deep sigh.

"Honey, you can wearing anything you want but just for today wear this dress. It looks good on you. You know that Jillian loves you too, right?"

"Sure..."

"Please, Natasha. Think of this as a birthday gift to her. She's an aspiring fashion designer and just wants you to look good."

I nodded slowly.

Dad left and I sighed.

I put my face in my hands and took a deep breath before deciding that I should try to survive today's party. Let's hope there are fewer jerks wanting a one night stand this time.

Jillian wasn't a big celebrity or anything, but she was known all around Paradise, Ohio. And her dresses were probably 'fashionable' since there hasn't been a day without a customer asking for a special order.

Jillian isn't my mom. She's my stepmom.

My real mother died when I was young and Dad remarried. What he sees in her, I will never figure out.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs to be greeted with noise and laughter.

Great.

Our house was pretty big as Dad was a businessman and Jillian's clothes were pretty highly priced.

I could hear the clinking of glasses and chatter all around me. I sat on the couch and was just about to die of boredom and discomfort when I felt the seat next to me on the couch dip. I turned to face a guy.

Great times two.

He looked frantic and I was sure he was from my school. I didn't remember his name, though.

"Hey... um... Natasha, right?" He asked and I nodded, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Do me a favor, will you?" He asked.

"I will not make out with you or have sex with you, mister."

"Wha- NO! Ew. Just... just-"

"Spit it out."

"Pretend you're my girlfriend."

**********

(A/N): There. Chapter 1. Natasha on the side. I know it's Lorde. Her music is good though.