Chapter 4 : Desperate Measure

The next day. Minseok Residences. 

"Welcome back, honey!" I toddle my way towards him, giving him a big embrace as a welcome gesture. He gives me a long peck on the cheek, hugging me even tighter than what I was acting about right now. "I'm back, honey. It's great to see you again." He muffles a laugh, nodding his head to each one of the servants in the house. 

He meets my gaze once more, "Is our Jung-Ah in school right now?" "Ah, yes she's--" "Daddy!" The two of us glance back to find Jung-Ah who recently leaped out the car, rushing to hug his torso, "Daddy! I missed you!" Minseok kneels down, kissing both her hands with a smile, "I missed my little princess, too. Did you take care of Mommy while I was away?" 

Little Jung-Ah bobs her head thrice, "Yes of course, Daddy! Mommy was really busy with work while you were away! She even comes home late to finish all of them! Mommy is really the best!" Minseok turns to grin at me, I force one up without showing any visible signs of a painful look. Instead of showing it, I quickly obscure it as I grip onto the seams of my skirt. 

"Wow! I really do have such an awesome princess. And because of that, I have a gift for you. Do you want to see it, Jung-Ah?" I watch as her face overcome with an excited look, "Yes yes! I would really love to see it, Daddy!" Minseok darts one look at his body guard, handing Minseok the a medium-sized box in an instance. Minseok, upon reaching out to it, offers it to Jung-Ah.

Without delay, she deliberately rips the wrapper to find a beautiful antique doll, the doll that she has been wanting ever since the three of us spent time to shop the past month. Her eyes glint of happiness, "Thank you, Daddy! I really love it! You're the best as well!" She gives him a long hug and a quick peck on the cheek as she rushes up to play with her newly aquired toy. 

I huff a content smile, wrapping my arms around Minseok's waist as he straightens his back from his stance. "I'm really happy to see you getting along well with Jung-Ah, honey.." He lands a kiss on my forehead, "I'm happy that we're all happy. I have the perfect woman right beside me and a bright loving daughter to care for. Soon, I'd also wish for our own child, Chae Min."

I nod, "Of course. I would also want to see tiny feet moving about the house after we wed. I'm sure it'll be even more livelier than it is now, Jung-Ah would probably be even more thrilled to have a younger sibling to take care of, don't you think?" 

Minseok chuckles, leading us up towards the staircase, still hand on hand, "I couldn't agree more, Chae Min. But don't you think one child wouldn't be enough to accompany our little princess?" I playfully hit his arm, "Are you saying that you want one or more than just one?"

"Hahaha, you sure do pick up fast, Chae Min. And as for my answer, it's a yes. I would surely want to make more children with you. To watch them grow with our own eyes as we grow older, it surely is one big dream that I want you to take part of." I return a smile, "Let me think about it after the wedding. As much as I want to share the same dream as yours, I would also like to accomplish my dream to become even more successful in the future." 

He cups both my cheeks, "That's one thing I love about you, Chae Min. You are self-determined and strong. I do not regret proposing to you, ever. And I wouldn't know what to do if someone were to steal you away from me." I hesitantly look away, keeping up the smile on my face, "W-Why would you say something idiotic as that." I place his hand on my chest, "You are the only person that is able to make my heart beat this fast, and you'll forever be that person until we grow as old as we are now." 

Our foreheads meet, locking our intent stare at one another. "You are my forever, Chae Min." "And I am yours, Minseok." The both of us share smiles, laughing at such a silly cheesy moment as we head on to Jung-Ah's bedroom. Minseok knocks once at her open door, "Jung-Ah, do you want to spend the whole day with Mommy and Daddy today?"