Chapter 2 : One Night Stand

I slide my fingers down the glass of my Iced tea, remembering the chilling events that took place in that restaurant last night. The taste of Sehun's lips still taint my lips, unable to fade the sensation away. But as much as I indulge about Sehun's touch, the more I vividly see Minseok inside my head, smiling so sweetly at me.

It pains me to think about it, and yet, brings me this unconditional feeling of happiness. I close my eyes, looking back at the events that took after the disastrous dinner.

...

I silently open the door to find Minseok seated in his desk space. I flinch in place as we make eye contact. "O-Oh, honey. Y-You're still awake.." He grins, making his way to greet me with a kiss. "Yeah. I thought I'd wait for you to return home from that dinner appointment."  

He cease to talk for a second, taking notice of the wound lying at my lower lip. He makes the slightest frown, flicking his eyes back to mine. 

"What happened, honey? Why do you have a wound on your lip? Did something happened?" I narrow my eyes down, touching the wound hesitantly, "A-Ah t-this, I forgot to bring my chapstick and my lips kind of dried a bit. That would explain the wound. It's nothing to be worried about.." He eyes my empty ring finger, "And your ring, where is it?" 

"O-Oh my ring?" I raise my red clutch, "I-It's in here. I thought I wouldn't wear it tonight since I'm in a meeting. I don't want it to look like I'm showing off, honey.. Are you mad?" He shakes his head understandingly, "Not at all. Do what you please with it. We only have about four months before our ceremony. Anyway, do you want me to treat your wou--" 

"N-No," I slap his hand away from my lips, "I-I'll let it recover naturally.." I pass by him, placing down my red clutch on top of my powder table. I position myself down the stool, watching him return to his desk by the help of the mirror. I proceed to take off my earrings, "So how was the dinner? Did you manage to sell that apartment block you were set on selling a month ago?" 

I glance back at him, hiding my nervousness with a smile, "No.. It seems he wasn't interested in it. I'll try again next time.." "Ah, that's too bad. If you didn't tell me to buy your residentials, I would have bought everything to reach your monthly quota." He chuckles. I return the small laugh, fading into silence as I slip into my night gown. 

"That reminds me," He starts, "Jung-Ah fell asleep waiting for you to return an hour ago." "R-Really now? What for?" "She has no classes to attend tomorrow. I'm sure she wants to play with her friends out tomorrow." I bob my head once, slipping in the bedsheets. "Alright.. I'll go contact Ji Hye and the rest tomorrow. I'm sure their kids are also available to play in the Polo Club." He makes a firm nod, "You two take care. I'll be leaving early morning to Ulsan. I have to attend a two day seminar meeting, I'll make sure to check on you guys when I have the time."

"..Mmh. Yeah." I silently mutter, leaving our conversation to it's end. 

...

"Chae Min? Hello? Are you still with us?" I raise my head up to find Ji Hye snapping her fingers inches away from my face. I let out an awkward smile, "Y-Yes? What are we talking about again?" Soo Jung smirks mischievously, "We were talking about that young boy you're dating! Wasn't it your Sixth Anniversary last night?" 

Yoo Jin clasps her hands loudly, grinning like her usual perky self, "Yeah! I heard from my friend that she saw you in Pierre Gagnaire last night! Did you perhaps celebrate there?" I dart both of them a cold look, heaving a sigh as I cross my legs. "Look, can we not talk about that right now.." 

"Ahh, seems like our Chae Min has something she's not telling us, eh?" I form a cold sweat, proceeding to lower my head away from their stares. Soo Jung muffles a laugh, "Come on tell us, Chae Min! We're dying to know what's up! Besides, you've never told us anything about that guy." "There's nothing you should know about him, alright?" I retort.