Make A Wish: Part 15

Start from the beginning

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Ugh this is so confusing!" Bruno says slamming his text book closed in frustration.

"Bruno it's not that hard. All you gotta do is isolate the x variable and then plug it in to solve for y." I tell him. He runs his fingers through his curls. I found it adorable. Yet my heart strings tugged because no matter how many times I explained it, he still didn't get it.

He shoves his math stuff off his lap and into the floor. Then he leans and reaches for his guitar.

"Bruno what are you-"

"Music helps me think." He says strumming the strings to test the sound. I gently close my binder and watch him. I wasn't about to argue with getting to hear his beautiful voice.

He starts playing a tune, and after a few bars I recognized it. Pretty Woman.

"Pretty woman, walking down the street."

"Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet."

"Pretty woman."

"I don't believe you, you're not the truth. No one could look as good as you."

He looks at me while he sang. Is it just a song or did he mean those words to me? The smile on his face grew bigger as he looked into my eyes.

"Pretty woman, won't you pardon me."

"Pretty woman, I couldn't help but see."

"Pretty woman."

"That you look lovely as can be. Are you lonely just like me?"

He looked down at his hands on the guitar briefly, the focused look he had towards the instrument was enticing. If only he had that much concentration towards math, I thought. The thought made me smile a little.

"Pretty woman stop a while."

"Pretty woman talk a while."

"Pretty woman give your smile to me."

He lifted my chin softly and I listened. I gave him my best smile. His voice grew louder as he continued.

"Pretty woman yeah, yeah, yeah."

"Pretty woman look my way."

"Pretty woman say you'll stay with me."

"Cause I need you. I'll treat you right."

"Come with me baby, be mine tonight."

"Pretty woman."

He finished the song and strummed the last note. He looked up at me and we swam in each others eyes for a long time.

"Wow...." I whispered.

His glance went from my eyes, briefly to my lips, and then back up to my eyes. As if he was asking permission to kiss me. Not knowing how to react I simply did nothing. Then before I knew it he was leaning in close to me. I could feel him breath on my lips. I closed my eyes and waited for it anxiously.

"Bruno!" We hear a woman yell. Thus causing the moment to be ruined. Dammit.

"Bruno you're going to be late if you don't leave soon, honey!" We heard. I guessed it was his mom Bernadette.

Bruno sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"So I guess our study session is over for today?" I ask.

"I guess so." He replies a little disappointedly.

I start packing up my stuff.

"Selina?" Bruno asks.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"I was just wondering if...you know...if you had nothing to do tonight that is.... Will you come to my gig tonight?" He asked. I found the way he asked all shyly really cute.

"I'd love to." I smiled.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

AUTHORS NOTE:

I'm so happy for the support o this story guys! Thank you so much to all the readers out there! Most of you are from Instagram I know haha. But can you believe it? Make A Wish has reached 1k reads! Plus over 100 votes and 100 comments! TYSM HOOLIGANS! 🎈🎊🎉

Please continue to comment and vote. I love you all.😘

Peace✌

~ijustlove_brunomars