Chapter 4

Roxanne's POV:

"Thanks for the offer," I say. "But, I think I might pass."

I heard a sigh in the background. I looked at everyone else who sighed in relief.

"Okay," he sighed. "I'll be on my way."

"Okay, bye." I gave the phone back to Kevin. I had no idea how to end the call. Kevin pressed a button, putting the phone against his ear to talk to Drew. They exchanged a few words that I couldn't make it out then he put the phone away.

"It appears that Drew is staying for dinner," Kevin sighed. The girl sitting next to Kyle let out groan.

"Why?," she asked. "He can't just pick her up and go?"

Kyle let out a low growl. "You know why, Megan."

Megan rolled her blue eyes at him, before standing up. She walked towards me, until we were at eye level. She flicked her dirty blonde hair and cross her arms.

"So are you and Drew a thing?," she leaned in closer. A blush crept on my cheeks.

"It's complicated," I say, reaching for my bag. "I'm gonna change into my clothes."

Megan nodded. "I'll walk you to the bathroom," she gestured for me to follow.

"So what did you think of my brother?," she asked once we were out of eye sight of her family.

"He seems like he's arrogant, cocky, and," I paused. "has an anger issue."

"You just met him." she laughed. "And you got all that?"

I shrugged. "Did I miss anything else about him?"

Megan stopped in front of a door that I'm guessing is the bathroom. She opened it and turned to look at me.

"There's more to Kyle than that," she says. "He can actually be a lot nicer. Just give him a chance," she offered.

I gave her a look before nodding. She smiled at me before walking away. I stepped inside the bathroom and closed it. I opened my bag and pulled out a black lacy dress that stopped just above my knees and elbows. I slipped on some black lace open-toe heels and pulled out the locket Drew gave me. Our initials were engraved on the silver locket.

I took a deep breath in, shaking away the nerves. Drew was coming. He was coming here. I looked at my reflection. My green gold irises were trying to turn black. My long brown curly hair was starting to turn green. My skin had paled and was turning to a grey color. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and relaxed. I opened my eyes to see everything return back to normal.

"Roxanne," a voice called from behind the door. The voice belonged to Megan. I sighed and opened the door. She looked at me with wide eyes. "You look gorgeous. Now come on, they're waiting for us." Megan began to lead me back towards the front of the house.

Gasps could be heard from downstairs. Everyone had changed into something nicer than what they were wearing earlier.

"You look beautiful." Kyle looked me up and down as I walked towards them.

I smiled. "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." I say taking in his appearance. He had on a button down white shirt that rolled up at his elbows. A black tie was loose around his neck that matched his black slacks. I walked towards him and fix his collar.

"I'll fix that for you." My hands ran up to his tie, a few sparks igniting as I touched him. It was the same feeling I had got from Drew the first time we touched. Kyle shivered under my touch and I could see his eyes start to darken with a weird emotion. My gaze flew to his as I fixed his tie. I ran my hand down his chest, letting go of his tie.