Chapter 2

Roxy's POV:

We all sat in silence. No one said anything. Or no one wanted to say anything. My gaze drifted towards the wall. It was covered in numerous pictures of groups of people. It must be Kevin and Miranda's clan. I needed to see Drew.

I cleared my throat. "Um, do you guys have those communicator thingy? I want to contact Drew," I say.

They gave me a strange look before answering. "Do you mean a phone?," Kevin asked me.

I shook my head. "I have no idea what that is," I say. I scratched my forehead, trying to think of what they were called. "Oh! Do you guys have telegrams?," I asked.

A girl sitting next to Kyle bursted out laughing. I looked at the girl. They had similar features. I'm guessing they're related.

"No one use telegrams anymore," she paused. "We haven't used them in over 400 years," she said.

I nodded my head. "Well that was the last time I've been here," I say.

Kyle turned to look at me. "Your last visit was 400 years ago?," he exclaimed. "How old are you?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Too old for you," I snapped.

"But old enough for Drew," he spat.

I saw my eyes turn black from the picture's reflection. Gasps came from everyone. I turned away and took a couple of deep breaths in. My nose wrinkled at the smell of their blood, but my stomach growled. I needed my bag.

I turned to look at them. "Do you guys have my bag?" I asked.

Kevin looked at me before walking towards the back of the couch. He grabbed something and threw it at me. I caught it instantly. I looked down at it, to see it was my bag. I smiled at Kevin brightly, before opening it. I grabbed my food mother packed for me.

"Do you want some?" I gestured towards the human feet. I saw them shiver in disgust, shaking their head. "Suit yourself," I say before continuing.

"Don't you want something else that's more fresh?" Kyle asked.

I took a step forward him, quickly. "Are you offering?" I say reaching towards him.

Kyle took a step backward and shook his head. "No, that's not what I meant," he paused. "I thought you would want some human food," he said.

I shook my head. "I don't take food from vampires," I say. "Last time I did, they tried to poison me," I say.

"So you really hate vampires," Miranda said. "What about werewolves?"

I turned my attention back towards Miranda. "Werewolves are my favorite creatures," I say with a smile on my face.

"And why is that?," Kevin asked.

"Werewolves were kind spirits. They would never hurt humans intentionally," I said.

Kyle looked at me. "But why are you friends with a vampire then?"

I looked at him, sighing. "It's a long complicated story," I say before taking a seat on the couch.

Miranda came took a seat next to me. "Well, then how'd you guys meet?" she asked.

A blush came across my face as my mind drifted back to how Drew and I first met. A growl escaped through the room. It sent shivers of pleasure through me. I bit my lip hard, careful not to draw blood to contain myself.

I looked around the room to see if anyone noticed. Kyle was staring at me with an angry expression, but he looked really hot angry. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. I didn't know if I wanted to tell them. What's the point anyway? We may never see each other again after I visit Drew. It couldn't hurt to say anything.

"I'll tell you how we met," I said looking at Miranda.

She gave me a small smile and looked at Kevin. It looked like they were speaking telepathically. I stared at them strangely before looking at everyone else. It seemed they all were speaking telepathically. I sighed and bit my nails. It was a bad habit, but they always grew back fast anyway.

Miranda blinked a couple times before looking at me. "We're ready," she said. I nodded and my mind began to drift back to the first time I met Drew.