The First Time You Took Care of Me

Start from the beginning

"Hold on! I'll carry you!"

"OH,FUCK IT! I'LL JUST BEAT THAT TIGER'S ASS. COME AT ME, KITTY!" Kyoudai lunged at the tiger,his fists ready to aim punches to it.

"Kyoudai,i'll help you!"

"NO! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AND CALL FOR HELP! SOUDA'S HURT GODDAMNIT!"

I wanted to help him. He couldn't win on his own. It was a tiger,a predator. If it were delinquents,i wouldn't worry at all but this? He could die,but he was trying his best to stall some time for me and Kazuichi to run away.

"OI,TAKA!"

I looked over my shoulder to see Kyoudai all beaten up. The view of his current state tug a string inside my heart.

"Take care of Fujisaki,will ya.."

He then continues his fight. With a heavy heart,i finally left him,carrying Kazuichi on my back. I was crying my eyes out. If Kyoudai died fighting the tiger,then that would be the last time that i would ever see him.

After about 15 minutes of walking,we finally found a ray of light.

"L-Look! We made it!"

We heard some voices. One of them sounded like..

"C-Chihiro?!"

I ran as fast as i could and when we finally got out,Chihiro was there with Leon,talking and laughing around. When she noticed me,she quickly went to me and Kazuichi.

"O-Oh my God! W-w-what happened to you?!"

"Help me,Chihiro. Kazuichi sprained his ankle"

"O-okay!"

She took out what seems to be a small medicine kit box. She immediately took care of Kazuichi's wound without any problem.

"Leon,can you help me bring Souda back to the resort? I'm sorry for the trouble"

"No problem,Chihiro. What about the hall monitor?"

Chi looked at me up and down, checking my current condition.

"Can you walk,Ishimaru?"

"Y-yes,i'll be fine"

"Alright then. I'm heading off. I'll put him in our room" Leon said while putting Kazuichi's arm over his shoulder.

"Thanks,dude. Thanks,Chi" Kazuichi weakly muttered.

"No problem,Souda"

When they have already left, Chihiro started to treat my wounds.

"Taka,what happened? What were you doing in the forest? Where's Oowada-san? Shouldn't he be with you?"

Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes at the mention of Kyoudai's name. What he did was true bravery. He was a delinquent pure at heart.

"W-we were walking around, exploring the island,then we got lost and Kyoudai led us to the forest. We tried to find a way out,but a tiger showed up and chased us around. We were caught in a trap and tried to escape. We succeeded but Kazuichi sprained his ankle so Kyoudai fought the tiger off just to buy us some time. He's now...d-dead..."

Chihiro dropped the kit box and froze.

"He's...dead...?"

I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. It was hard not to feel like the world is ending when your Kyoudai died for you. I could see that Chihiro was about to cry as well. I have failed Kyoudai as his friend.

"Chihiro,I-"

"The fuck ya people talkin' about, I'm still alive..." me and Chihiro looked over to where the voice came from and there he was. Kyoudai was still alive.