IV : She Dislikes

________

"Han-Er, do you understand why the saint has visited us today?" Guo Xiao Xin asked, Guo Han Hai could care less about the reason, she just wanted him to get his business done and leave their empire.

Guo Han Hai shook her head, sneering at the saint in her heart, isn't the saint supposed to be kind, fair, and just? Where was the characteristics of the saint in the man infront of her?

Kind, fair and just his mother!

The saint smiled at her, naturally, Guo Han Hai smiled back, to outsiders it seemed like a new relationship was blossoming.

To them it was a battle to showcase their dislike and hatred.

"The saint will help with the preparations for the competition." Guo Tan Wu states.

"Competition?" Han Hai asks, raising an eyebrow up. "--Ah." After a few moments of thinking she knew what they were talking about. The competition for her hand.

She could care less about that too. Her mouth slowly twitched. "I-I see." She did not want to get betrothed to a man that did not capture her heart, but could she ever meet him?

To her whether man or woman they were all the same, they will use her until they could use her no longer.

With contempt in her eyes she looked away, trying to mask it. If it was up to her a few years ago, she would've ran away and let the empire fall to it's ruin.

But now she sacrificed too much for the empire, just a few more sacrifices...would it finally bring back her joy and freedom?

Guo Han Hai tried to stay positive. "About the competition, will all men from all kinds of statuses be allowed to participate?"

"Indeed."

She did not know what to feel about hearing this answer, no matter how righteous she thinks she was, she was just like the other noble ladies of this land.

---Disliking filthy commoners.

Even though she put up a front to the public, she disliked filthiness, she loathed it to the core, if perhaps the commoner was clean--she might have a different impression on them.

But when she saw dirt and filth on a person it made her feel utterly disgusted, even making contact with another person other than her family made her feel uncomfortable.

Guo Han Hai disliked filthy things, whether noble or a commoner.

She was different from the other noble ladies in a way, she disliked the filthy commoners because they were well---filthy, but to the other noble ladies, whether they are filthy or clean they will still be utterly disgusted.

Guo Han Hai turned her gaze back to the saint, forcing a smile on her face. "This princess hopes we could work well together, and create a competition fair for all."

All she got was a hum in response.