Chapter 27 - Prepare

"Sweetheart, do you need anything?" My mom ask me.

I fake a smile and shake my head no. She has been checking up on me a lot lately. I sigh as she closes the door on her way out.

After David's parents came into that 'hospital room' (I found out it was an emergency room in Mr. Lechmann's house) I was in, I was extremely nervous. I couldn't shake off the feeling that something bad was going to happen. No matter where I was, except in David's arms, I didn't feel safe.

I told David about my dream and he looked really nervous and angry. He told me that he was going to look into it and have some guys from the coven watch over me.

David is going to be taking over the coven soon and reign as king so his father is kind of letting him do a 'trial' now. Since I will be queen, David is making me meet them tomorrow. That also has me in a bundle of nerves.

While I was out, David has gotten all of his abilities so he will be getting trained to control all of them over the few weeks. I have gotten quite a few too. My mother says it might be another week until I get my abilities so I will be working on mine too.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear my door open. Nile walks in. I immediately shrink back into my covers so he won't see my lace and silk night gown.

Nile keeps walking until he is directly in front of me and squats to be face to face to me. He rips the covers off of my body and chuckles as I let out a blood curdling scream. He gets on my bed and straddles my waist.

"I don't like how you tempted me at the party." Party? Party! What party is he talking about? My graduation party? What did I-? Oh.

"That was for David. Not for your perverted ass. Now get out." I spit harshly then shove him but he doesn't budge.

I look up at him in annoyance but cringe at the harsh look he's giving me.

"You know you want me, Brianna." He whispers seductively in my ear.

"I don't. Now get out!" I scream and point at the door.

He jumps off of me and throws his hands up in surrender.

"Your going to regret rejecting me Brianna. Your going to regret it." He says coldly and 'tsks' at me while fanning his pointing finger at me. I jump up and push him out the room and slam my door hard.

Everyone has been bothering me all day. I just want to lay down by myself and think. David is an exception, but only him. David isn't here though. He won't be here a lot now.

I lay back down and shut my eyes, begging for sleep to take me away. When it does, I am highly grateful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to someone stroking my hair affectionately. When I open my eyes, I come face to face with my worried mom. I sit up startled.

"What's wrong mom?" I ask her frantically while looking around the room as if there were an intruder.

"No one is here Brianna. I'm worried because you woke up late. What's wrong?" She says softly while still rubbing me with the same worried face.

"I'm scared mom." I whisper and a tear slides down my cheek. "I'm so scared." I whisper again and slam myself into her and hug her tightly.

She lifts my head up with her chin to speak to me.

"Sweetheart, it's alright to be scared. Tell momma what your so scared about."

"Something dangerous is going to happen mom. I don't know what it is. I can feel it though. I can feel it through my veins and my bones. Something bad is going to happen and it's going to happen quick." I blubber out.

"Sweetheart, there is a way to fix it. Prepare. Prepare for the worst. While you are in preparation there is nothing you can do but put on your big girl pants and suck it up. Danger is all around and it can happen at any time. You just have to be ready for it." She says slowly. She doesn't say it in a mean way but more of a comforting way. Then she flicks my nose and gives me a kiss on the head before going to make lunch.

After she exits, I think about what she said. I suck it up and I think it through. I think of every word, every letter, every syllable, every meaning.

She's right. I finally decide. So I do what she says. I suck it up, put my big girl pants on and think up a plan.

Wow, having motherly advice is nice. I like it. I could get used to this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short, I know. Basically just a filler. Tell me what you think

Thanks for reading! Vote, comment, read.