12.swings?swings.

"Just ask her," Calum answers. He's got a pen in his left hand and his headphones tucked behind his ear in a way they won't be seen. Luke can vaguely hear the beat to 'Find You' by Aviici. Really he's trying his best not to seem too distracted by the noise (and the boy who's currently talking to him as well).

They're in an art elective that they'd reluctantly chosen. (It was either art or the history of bottle caps, or something stupid Luke figured had no relevance to anything - Calum suggested art together. Luke didn't say no.) At the moment he's trying his best not to get caught chatting to Calum during class, which just so happens to prove more difficult than it seems. Even if their art teacher is legally blind in one eye, she still catches students talking, cheating, and passing notes (who even passes notes Luke wonders) pretty easily - Calum calls it her "sixth-sense."

"But what if she thinks I'm being weird?" Luke questions, he's genuinely concerned Aries doesn't like him, despite numerous times he's talked to her, and Calum convincing him otherwise.

Calum waves Luke off with a hand, "you're over thinking this." He pauses as their teacher wanders past, she has tired eyes that have probably seen their numbered days of students and terrible art. Calum plays off pretending to paint a landscape; Luke can barely manage a half-assed attempt at a triangle. "She talks about you a lot you know."

Luke can feel his stomach flip, and it's subtle enough that he can pass it off for being hungry, and wow is he hungry, but he knows it's something entirely different. "Yeah but-"

"Shhhhh Lukey shut up and just ask her will ya?" And he's pulling those puppy-dog eyes, and Luke wants to punch him. "Luke," he whines.

"Okay fine." Luke huffs, but honestly he's not annoyed in the least.

"Atta boy," Calum beams. His brown eyes lighting up with excitement. Luke wonders how Calum can stay so positively carefree. He runs a hand through his hair before adding, "just don't tell Ashton." And Calum is winking, but that only sends Luke's mind reeling with a million ways Ashton could pound him into a pulp.

It's been at least a week since Luke had officially met Ashton. He'd snuck home that night around ten, and luckily for him, his mum was already asleep by that time. He'd only seen Aries a total of two days following the get-together (not like Luke was counting, he definitely wasn't counting) because she and Ashton took a trip up to visit Ashton's aunt. Luke spent the rest of the week at Calum's house playing FIFA and eating one too many sour patch kids candies. Granted Cheryl did come over at an hour when Calum and Luke were watching some sappy romance movie and caught them sniffling to a particularly sad scene. 

Calum didn't admit to watching the movie, Luke did.

"So do I just, you know - ask?" Luke is scribbling notes down from the board, he figures it'll take a miracle to figure out what he's written later.

Calum snorts with amusement, his tongue swiping over the top of his lips. "What do you think?" 

"I think this is ridiculous," Luke stops when Calum suddenly leans over to flick him in the nose. It's a quick gesture that eventually lands him with a glare from Luke. "Did you just flick me?" He demands.

"No." Calum bats his eyelashes innocently.

"You're an asshole." Luke retorts.

Both boys are glaring at each other when they're teacher interrupts. She's tired, and angry but Luke figures it's not the first time when she says: "Detention, both of you." And he's really trying his best not to punch Calum straight in the face when he snickers to himself.