Ch 21. Falling Apart & For You.

Comincia dall'inizio

"No no, of course." She nods before following Lisa to a board room.

•••
Time Jump.
1 Day Before Chaeyoung's Departure.

Lisa had never felt so empty in her life. Chaeyoung had been avoiding her for the past week and a half, not even showing up for school.

She missed the older girl dearly. So much so that it was affecting everything she's been doing. Her game, her schooling, her appetite.

The list could go on.

It's like the light in her life no longer existed. All she wanted was to see her and feel her again.

Lisa was sleeping at her desk when the chair in front of her suddenly bumped her.

She lifted her head to be disappointed.

"Why are you sitting here?" Lisa says, harsher than intended.

"Park Chaeyoung asked me to switch seats with her." Jinyoung says.

"She hasn't even come back. Stop your nonsense."

Jinyoung turns to face her.

"She's back."

•••

Lisa searched frantically throughout the school for Chaeyoung only to be disappointed.

Suddenly she stopped in the courtyard.

Her eyes locked onto Chaeyoung's who was looking back at her from across the fountain that stood between them.

Lisa's eyes took in every detail. So that she would never forget. The girl would possibly be leaving in less than two days, there was a chance Lisa would never see her again.

But seeing her now. It was like a finally being able to breath after being trapped under water for a week and a half.

To just feel her warmth a final time, Lisa would trade the world.

As soon as Lisa took a step towards her Chaeyoung turned to walk quickly in the opposite direction, making Lisa stop.

It hurt. It hurt so bad.

•••

After school, Lisa ran out of class as fast as possible, jumping onto her motorcycle and zipping out of the parking lot.

As soon as she arrived to her destination she went as fast as she could to the door.

"Open the door! I know you're in there!" Lisa knocks. "Park Chaeyoung Open the door!" She begs. "I'll break the door open if you don't open up! Open up!" She pants.

Lisa catches her breath as she leans against the door, hearing its lock click.

Chaeyoung opens the door a crack. Enough to see each other.

"Why did you change seats? Do you want to stay away from me? I didn't mean to do you wrong." Lisa says desperately. "Do you know how upset I am?"

"Go back." Is all Chaeyoung can say.

"I'm not leaving unless you answer me." Lisa says.

Chaeyoung looks down at her feet and avoids Lisa's pleading eyes. "I'm not in the mood to talk about this."

"Please. Before you leave. I won't bother you anymore." Lisa begs. "Please say yes."

Chaeyoung swallows thickly before letting the door open fully.

Lisa's eyes trail downwards to see a few bags already waiting at the door.

Her breaths started to come out shaky as she stared at them.

This was it. She was really going. This was what she wanted wasn't it?

"You're leaving."

It was more of a statement more than a question.

"My eomma won't take no for an answer." Chaeyoung says looking at her bags.

"A-are you breaking up with me?"

Chaeyoung doesn't answer but instead grabs Lisa's wrist. "Come inside."

•••

The two stood in front of each other in silence. Taking in the fact that this could be the last time in a long time.

"Will I see you tomorrow." Lisa asks quietly. Her eyes unmoving from the floor.

"It's unlikely." Chaeyoung whispers.

Lisa swallows thickly and lifts her head to look at Chaeyoung. "Is that what you want?"

"No." Chaeyoung admits.

They fall into another silence.

"Is your mother going to be home soon?"

"No." Chaeyoung answers.

With that Lisa removes her light coat and sets it onto the back of a chair. She pulls her tie out of her uniform and unbutton the first few of her buttons.

"Why did you do it..." Chaeyoung asks quietly.

"Money is insignificant to me Park Chaeyoung. It's simply an object. What is significant to me is you." Lisa says. "I want to share my life with you and if money is needed I don't care about providing it."

Chaeyoung has her arms crossed as she listens to Lisa. It's not that she's ungrateful. It's the way the money is portrayed to her.

That money felt like charity. And the last person she wanted charity from was Lisa. Maybe it was pride, built up from the years of having to scrap for nothing. She wanted to be regarded as an independent woman that could handle her own problems.

"Do you know what that feels like for me?" Chaeyoung says. "The answer is no, but that's not your fault Lisa. You've never had to live the way I've lived."

"You don't have to live that way anymore!"

"That's not the point!"

"Then What is?!"

"The money! I don't want you to throw it all away on me!"

"I love you! Don't you get that!" Lisa shouts stunning Chaeyoung into silence.

It's not the first time she hears it. But that doesn't mean it's lost it's affect.

Lisa walks towards her until she has Chaeyoung backed up against the wall. Leaning down she captures Chaeyoung's lips without hesitancy.

It feels so refreshing to have Lisa's lips back on hers that Chaeyoung kisses back until realizing what she's doing.

She pulls away and covers her lips. "Lisa..." she breathes out.

Lisa moves her hand away and reconnects them. Cupping Chaeyoung's cheek as she moves her lips against hers.

Chaeyoung has a harder time protesting but she manages to pull away for a second.

"Wait."

"I love you. I love you like crazy." Lisa whispers.

This time Chaeyoung doesn't fight it. She lets Lisa cup her cheek to deepen the kiss. Allowing herself to indulge in the comforting feeling.

•••

Lisa leads them to the bedroom, her lips still attached to Chaeyoung's. Not wanting to pull away anytime soon.

She lays them down on the small mattress, allowing Chaeyoung to lay on top of her for now.

After a few minutes of their heated lip lock, Lisa rolled them over so that Chaeyoung was below her.

She broke the kiss to appreciate the beauty under her. Everything about her made Lisa's heart race.

"I tried to control myself," Lisa whispers as she tucks a piece of Chaeyoung's hair behind her ear.

"But I can't anymore."