I Return to Hyrule

At last, the sun rises now upon another day as time moves on, and as far as our Hero of Time was concerned, that was a pleasant relief indeed. The festival had passed, and a town and community were blessed with carrying on 'as if nothing out of ordinary or unexpected had happened'. Clocktown bustled with festivities, businesses, and markets as it had always done. And for the most part the works of the mischievous frenzy of Majora in inhabiting the very troubled Skull Kid was undone. For the four spirits of Termina, with Link's help, had returned to the land in safeguarding its peaceful and beautiful wonders. The deku folk were filled with delight and rejoicing as a dashing young monkey had won favor in the affections of their princess and attained grace in the sight of their king. The Gorons took heart as their mountain received the sun's summering warmth, and their races brought an audience in crowds from all places of Termina. The Zora of the sea, graced their calmer waters, and gave forth songs of both thrilling and elegance. And the dead and shadows of Ikana had rest at last, leaving the living in peace. But alas, the curse of Kafei remained to be lifted as he abode still as a lad to remain. A man in a child's form, and thus he and Link could relate. Nevertheless, the son of the mayor wedded the hotel's attendant and maiden, Anju, as she had declared to him that he had no shame in his curse and that nothing had changed in her affections for him.

Now, things moved on, and people regarded Link, in kindness, as a mere lad of brief acquaintance. The Happy Masked Salesman had left the previous day in bearing his many masks and shells in safekeeping, and today, Link rose up early in the hotel that morning as he strode out the south gate of the town in sitting upon the steps. In time of the day, all was remote and still under the twilight as the moon faded in a cold hearted dusk on the western horizon while the sun dawned in a warming breath on the eastern horizon. Its soft light touched on the youthful blonde as he looked up upon it as a sleeping child stirs in a freezing darkness to behold the fire's hearth.

He took deep breathes as he mulled over matters as time stood still for him at last wherewith he finally had time for closure. Those thoughts browsed over everything that happened over the past "three days" of adventure; however, it was more like many months. In start, he recalled of his entrance, the start of his journey, his healing, and the madness. Yes, the madness of reliving the same days for what seemed to last an eternity, and when he had come to know every person, in reflection of their counterparts, to every moment and secret of their characters, they did not know him, not in the slightest. He avoided recollecting every detail of his memories of the living circle of time as the madness of it was simply overwhelming. But instead, he now reviewed over the highlights. Thoughts took view over the affairs of the four peoples, and then of course his dealings with the men there. And, at last, he came to closure as he thought of his recent battle in the Lunar world. But before hence, the Mask Salesman took the initiative to approach him before he went up the tower for the last time, and he gave him a unique mask. "I know that you are ready and have prepared your grounds well now Master of Courage. But you still lack your spirit's power to match yourself to the power of Majora's spirit. For when you had battled Ganon, you had the sword of the goddess in evil's bane as it seals darkness, yet you no longer possess it, and though you bear a bright sword indeed in honor of your folk, it cannot meet the same standards as you well know."

The spirit had smiled as his usual self until now he bent himself as he took out yet another shell from his keep, and in withdrawing it, he spoke to the Hero in solemn and sober countenance. "Take this," he said as he handed the shell to him, "as it shall enlighten you to your spirit's true power. I advise you use it cautiously and sparingly, only when you must, and now is a time, that I believe you must. ... You will find that it is not all together unfamiliar to you. ... Do not ask, for I will explain no further as some things are meant to be kept secret, and you now know only that which you need. Blessings go with you dear hero."