ii. Strange Dealings

The four arrived at the hospital to find it in disarray, nurses and doctors scrambling and talking in hushed tones

The four arrived at the hospital to find it in disarray, nurses and doctors scrambling and talking in hushed tones. They strode down the hall to the room they'd been told Thor was staying in, only to find it empty.

"Typical. Just lost my most important piece of evidence." Scoffed Jane as everyone got back into the SUV.

"What now?" Asked Darcy from the backseat.

"We find him."

Erik sighed. "You see what he did in there? I'm not sure finding him is the best idea."

"The small amount of data we have can't tell us what it was like to be inside of whatever happened last night. He can. So we're gonna find him."

"I mean, where could he have gone? It was pretty clear last night he didn't have a clue where he was." Leila paused, "Although maybe the drugs have worn off by now."

"I'll search the entirety of New Mexico if I have to." Jane turned her head to back up her car, only for Thor to walk right in front of the rear window. She hit him with a thud and stopped the car.

"What?" She shrieked and got out, running to Thor, who was sprawled on the pavement.

"Don't worry, she's not doing this on purpose," said Leila. "At least, I don't think she is."

With a struggle, all four people were able to lift Thor into the back of the SUV and Jane drove them to the office. Erik supplied him with clean clothes, and as he was changing Darcy raised an eyebrow.

"You know, for a crazy homeless person, he's pretty cut." Leila and Jane both rolled their eyes at this.

Thor walked closer to the group, and Darcy shouted, "Hey, Sorry I tased you!"

Thor picked up a wire from Jane's desk, to which she ran over and placed back down. He put on a shirt and walked the rest of the distance to the group.

"This mortal form has grown weak. I require sustenance." Thor said. Leila walked to her desk and pulled out an unopened box of pop-tarts.

"Here you go," she tossed it at him, and he caught it without looking at it. He quickly opened it and ate every last pop-tart.

The four humans watched with wonder, and after he had finished, Jane pushed up from the table she'd been sitting at.

"Well, I know I could eat."

They walked across the street to the local cafe, where Thor promptly began stuffing his face with a plate of pancakes.

Jane asked, "So, how did you get inside that cloud?"

Darcy took a sip of coffee. "I think the better question is, how could you eat an entire box of pop-tarts and still be this hungry?"

Thor said nothing, instead continuing to eat. He took a large gulp of coffee, then looked around at the group, excited. "This drink, I like it." Darcy nodded at this. "Another!" He shouted and threw the mug onto the ground. It shattered across the floor, and Leila winced as she felt the stares of the patrons of the cafe.