v. The Destroyer

When Leila woke up the next morning, she was still on the roof

When Leila woke up the next morning, she was still on the roof. There were an array of blankets draped over her. She had been up late speaking to Thor and must have fallen asleep. Thor had already gone downstairs and started -badly-making breakfast.

Leila wrinkled her nose as she smelled burnt eggs. "Here, let me help,"  she shuffled over, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. She groggily poured herself a cup of coffee and began to try to fix Thor's cooking. Erik, Jane, and Darcy entered the office a few minutes later.

They discussed the things Thor had told Leila and Jane, about science and magic in Asgard. About the worlds tree, Yggsadril, and the link between all worlds.

"It's a beautiful theory. But you won't be able to convince the scientific community of any of it." Erik said.

"Not without hard evidence," Erik added, scrubbing a coffee mug.

A loud knocking came from the glass doors of the office, startling the scientists within. They turned to see four people dressed in Nordic armor. "Found you!" One of them yelled with a grin.

Shocked, Jane jumped, and Darcy, Erik, and Leila all dropped what they were holding.

"My friends!" Thor rushed forward to hug the four strangely-dressed people.

"I don't believe it," Erik whispered to himself.

"Oh, excuse me. Lady Sif and the Warriors Three," one of the men, large with a red beard, said. "I am Volstagg. That's Hogun, and that is Fandral." He gestured to each of his companions briefly.

The mortals exchanged baffled looks as the reunion took place.

"My friends, I have never been happier to see anyone." Thor said, grinning from ear to ear. "Bout you should not have come."

The warriors looked shocked. "We're here to take you home," Fandral said.

"You know I can't go home. My father is... dead because of me, and I must remain in exile."

Sif stepped forward. "Thor, your father still lives." Thor took a step back, looking shocked.

A large boom rattled the glass doors, causing every person inside the office to brace themselves against the tables or chairs around them.

The group rushed outside, seeing a cloud of smoke rising in the distance.

"You mortals must leave." Thor said.

"What are you going to do?" Asked Jane.

"I'm staying here."

"Thor's going to fight with us!" Volstagg said excitedly.

"My friends, I am just a man. I'll only be in the way, or worse, get one of you killed. But I can help get these people to safety."

"No. If you're staying, then so are we." Said Leila.