Chapter 8. Test of Power

Knock, knock.

Someone opened the door and leaned on it.

"What do you want, Stark?" Elizabeth looked up from the novel she's reading.

"Now, now, is that any way to talk to you elder?"

"Well I'm 57 so technically I'm older than you. Now spill it."

"Fair enough. I keep forgetting that," Stark furrowed his eyebrows. "We want to test your power."

Elizabeth frowned, "Test how?"

A series of flashback memories of her in Hydra's lab swooshed over her, the adrenaline made her feel sick and asphyxiatic. She held her breath, trying not to show it to Tony.

"By fighting each one of us."

She let out a relieved sigh, but in how Tony see it, she sighed out of underestimation.

"Oh, it won't be easy to beat us. We won't let it. Come on, follow me. Bring your.. Um, swords."

***

She stood face to face with Cap. Tony took her to a room with very thick walls. Maybe this was where the agents trained, although she wondered, why such thick walls.

Tony and Banner stood behind a glass, watching from another room.

Cap lifted his arms mid-air at Tony as if he's saying "Really?"

"I'm not a fan of gender abuse. Especially to a woman looking like an angel," Cap put his shield in position, "Making me feel sinful."

"How do you want me to attack you?" Elizabeth wasn't quite sure of how she should fight this fight. She surely didn't want it to end in a serious condition.

"Just do what you do best."

She flexed her wings and body, took out her sword and aimed its sharp point at Cap.

...No one was making the first move.

Before it got any more awkward, Elizabeth decided to charge first. She ran to him, sword upright in the air.

She swung the sword at him, but as expected, Cap blocked it. He pushed her with his shield, not hard enough. She opened her wings to avoid impact on the floor.

"You're flying!"

"You said to do what I do best!"

Tony interrupted through the speaker, "Test your light beams on Cap's shield!"

"Yes, it's probably a good idea," Cap lifted his shield to cover his body.

Elizabeth pointed her sword to him, glancing at Tony as he mouthed "GIVE YOUR BEST SHOT". She nodded.

She focused, imagining the particles in her body vibrating, producing the light and directing it towards her sword.

The blade started to glow.

"Ready?"

"Do it!" Cap answered from behind his shield.

"Here it goes!"

A hot, strong, yellow light shot out from her sword, striking the shield.