HIS NEW FAMILY

He was late. Jungkook had been waiting for Taehyung to arrive for over an hour. Never once did it cross his mind that Tae wouldn't show, not anymore, he trusted Taehyung to keep his promise to not leave him alone. His room door suddenly opened revealing a smiling Tae and a nurse pushing a wheelchair.

"Hello Kookie!"

Jungkook smiled happily. "Hello Tae Tae!"

"How're you feeling today?"

"I'm good. Um, hyung, what's the wheelchair for?"

Tae's smile grew bigger in his excitement. "How would you like to go outside today?"

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise. "Are...are you serious?"

When Tae nodded, Jungkook immediately became excited.

"Oh my god, yes!"

Jungkook threw his blanket off, scurrying to get out of bed.

The nurse, a middle aged woman, placed her hand on his chest, stopping his progress.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Um, o-outside?"

"Do you plan on taking the IV with you?"

Jungkook looked at her, head cocked in confusion, until a chuckling Taehyung pointed down at Kookie's hand. Jungkook looked at his hand, only now remembering the IV he was attached to.

"Oh, sorry." The boy said sheepishly, blushing in embarrassment.

The nurse giggled, shaking her head.

----------

Once the nurse removed the IV and left the room, Jungkook stood carefully, Tae hovering close by, should he need help. Once Tae was sure Kookie could manage on his own, he slipped the backpack, which held a change of clothes and toiletries, off his back and handed it to the boy.

Jungkook took the bag with a grateful smile and entered the bathroom to change.

----------

Ten minutes later, Kookie exited the bathroom, wearing jeans and a white t-shirt under a dark purple button up, the cuffs open and hanging a little long on him. Tae thought Jungkook looked cute in his clothes.

"How do I look?" Jungkook asked nervously.

"You look so cute!"

Jungkook blushed at the older boy's comment.

"Aw, you're so cute when you blush!"

Jungkook blushed harder. "Hyung!"

Tae chuckled. "Okay, okay. Well, if you're ready, let's go."

Jungkook looked at the wheelchair before looking at Tae. "Do I have to?"

"I'm afraid so, hospital policy, but it's only til we get to the exit." 

"Okay." 

Jungkook sat in the chair.  Sacrificing a bit of pride was a small price to pay to leave the hospital for a few hours.

--------------------

"We're here." 

Jungkook had his nose practically pressed against the passenger window in his excitement.

"Where are we?"

"I thought since it's such a nice day, we could visit the park."

Jungkook's face lit up. "Really?"