Joey smiled. “Nice use of throwing my words back in my face.”

“Thank you.”

“Your skirt’s ridding you your hips.” He said before driving off.

“Damn it I hate this thing. I’m taking the whole outfit back tomorrow because I’ll never wear it again and that way I can have some money for this month’s car payment.” I should get rid of the car and get something cheaper but I loved my green baby. “Are we there yet?”

“Almost.”

Joey pulled into a parking lot right in front of this windowless building. The parking lot was semi full and I could hear music from the inside. He got out of the car and walked around my side. I pulled down my skirt again as he locked the car. “The guy we’re going to see is Frances Giovanni.”

“What? No.” I turned back around but Joey grabbed me by the waist so I couldn’t haul ass to the car. “He is crazy! I heard he likes to cut people’s limbs off and feed them to his dog when they cross him.”

“Don’t believe everything you hear.” Joey said once he let me go and we were standing in front of each other.

“Does that mean it’s not true?”

“Well…”

I hauled ass again but again he grabbed me, damn it! “Let me go, I like my limbs I want to keep them.” He could only use one arm but he was still much stronger than me.

“If we do this the right way then he’ll never know it’s a set up and you’ll keep your limbs. But if you keep acting crazy someone might see us and get suspicious.” Joey whispered in my ear before he let me go again. “Are you ready to do this?”

I mentally cursed up a storm and nodded. We headed inside; Joey had his arm around my waist again. The music was loud and couples were dancing on the dance floor, others where sitting at booth drinking. Joey backed me against the wall. “This is what I meant at your place, we have to make this look real. My name gets me in but a lot of people want to see Giovanni, I have to make him want to see us first. That’s why I needed you.” he softly said inside my ear. Damn it he smelled really good, whatever he used was intoxicating but son of a bitch I wasn’t sure the scent wasn’t all his own.

“And how are we going to do that?” I wasn’t sure if the words came out my mouth because I couldn’t stop thinking of the fact he was so close. I was with Zack and he was the one I wanted but I am still a woman here!

“There’s cameras all over this place.” Joey said with his eyes on mine and he said the words right over my mouth.

“That’s nice. Now what did you mean he had a fetish about couples?” I asked.

“He gets off on seeing two people together. Don’t tense up or try and run.” Joey said before me kissed me. Whoa! Breathe Sam breathe! AHH! He slipped his hand beneath the see through part of the top, his hands were hot, and if they were any hotter he’d burn me. I began to kiss him back; it was part of the deal of helping him and the better we made this look the faster it’d be over. “Damn kid.” He said, breathless. Ha I made Joey breathless, awesome or maybe not. He leaned in and kissed me again and I wasn’t sure I could stop my body from being affected. His hand started moving up my naked thigh, just as I was starting to freak out he pulled away. “Come on.” He grabbed my hand and we headed down a long hallway.

At the end of the hall was a man sitting at a desk with a full set up. “We’re here to see Giovanni.” Joey said. The man behind the desk nodded, he knew who Joey was. He picked up his phone. “Joey De Luca is here to see you, he’s here with a date.” The man said looking at me as if I was a pork chop. He nodded a few times then pushed a button on the side of the desk. “Mr. Giovanni will see you now.”

There was another long hallway then a door, Joey opened it and we headed inside. There were a few dim lights and sofas along the room, Giovanni sat in one. He looked like the type to cut of limbs and feed them to his dog. His dog was a huge pit-bull in the corner. “Nice to see you Joseph, sorry about your father.” He said to Joey as he stood from the sofa, but he was looking at me with a crooked smile. “She’s beautiful.”

Giovanni went to touch me but Joey stopped him. “She’s mine.” The way he said it was chilling, Giovanni was dangerous but I just realized so was Joey. “I’m here because I want to ask you some questions. She’s here because I know once you saw her you’d let us in.” I didn’t expect Joey to tell him the plan, well most of the plan because Joey still had his hands on me as if I were really his.

Giovanni sighed. “You’re sneaky like your father use to be. If you ever get sick of her send her my way.” EWWW! “What are your questions?”

Joey and I sat down with Giovanni and Joey began to talk in Italian, oh he is sneaky! They talked for a few minutes and my anger rose, no wonder he wasn’t worried I’d know something because I couldn’t understand! Damn too bad it wasn’t Spanish they were talking.

I mentally added this to my Joey list; he owed me for saving his life, helping him tonight, lying to me over and over and of course for using me like this. Now I just needed a way to make him pay.

Another few minutes passed before we all stood up, Giovanni and Joey shook hands and Giovanni smiled at me. We walked down the long halls and through the club still attached at the hip; Joey had his arm around my waist. Once outside I pulled away from him. “You are a sneaky bastard.”

“Are you angry?”

“No duh! You tricked me and I think you like tricking me. I swear to god this is the last time I help you, don’t show up at my place, don’t call me just leave me alone.” I had my hand on the door handle when Joey grabbed my wrist and pinned me against the car. “I’m going to hurt you if you keep pissing me off.”

“He didn’t know anything.” Joey said. “I changed the language last minute, I didn’t plan on it. I’m trying to find out who wanted my father killed lately and had the balls to carry out the order that’s it Sam. Giovanni didn’t know anything.” He said as he moved away from me.

Now I felt like crap for pushing Joey so hard that he told me but at the same time I was glad he did. “So now what?”

“Now I take you home. You had a good idea, its best if I leave you out of this and we don’t see each other again.” Joey said as he headed to walk to his side of the car but it was my turn to stop him.

“You always find away to make things worse. I want to help you because you helped me and I think we’re sort of friends. Just let me help you.” I said.

“You have helped me, a lot and now I don’t need it.” He walked away from me and we both got in the car and this time when we rode in silence I didn’t speak.