“Where's Thomas?” Asked Kaiya.

Lucas felt a twinge of jealousy. There was no denying that the women here found Thomas attractive and he knew it. If he wasn't spending time flirting with them then he was busy stroking the ego of Kaiya's father, Sam.

Luca's power and position that he would hold with their people made him a highly sought after mate. He just knew it wasn't enough for other races. His untamable hair, scar on his face, and metal arm made him a walking disaster.

“Hello?” Asked Kaiya.

“I think he's with your father.”

Her nose wrinkled in disgust. “That's so annoying. Why is here?”

“To watch me.” He gestured over his shoulder. “And Coral is here to watch him.”

“Who set that up?”

He hesitated for a second but, Kaiya noticed. After spending a month together she was starting to understand him. He was still undecided if that was good or bad.

She shook her head. “You don't have to tell.”

“My father did,” he said quickly before he could change his mind. “He doesn't trust me and thinks my arm makes me weak.”

There was no pity in her silver eyes. Just an understanding that he hadn't expected or asked for.

She grabbed the top of his gloved hand. “It's not your arm that makes you strong.”

He stared at her in amazement. She was so young and sheltered. There were times her immaturity was obvious. And then there were moments like this where she was wiser than him.

“Thank you,” he managed to say.

She nodded and quickly pulled her hand back. He noticed early on that affection wasn't something she was comfortable with so, when she did show him kindness he knew it was special.

Lucas cleared his throat. “Do you think Cameron is available today?”

Kaiya's eyes lit up. “She hates being with the old Keepers so I'm sure she'll find a way to see us.”

“Good. After your training we'll go to the library again and search for any mention of elven fire. Then we can see if Cameron found out anything new that can help us.”

She grinned. “Awesome. Let me just get cleaned up and then we can go. I'm not hungry and they won't miss me for weapons training. Anyway,” she said, leaning into him, “If witches can cast spells then what good is a sword?”

He thought about this as she ran away. Besides fire, the elven metal was the only thing that could hurt witches but, how could they get close enough to use it?

“Where is she going?” Asked Coral.

Lucas jumped at the sound of her voice. “To get changed and then we're going to find Cameron.”

She shook her head In disgust. “Another wasted day. Sier will be here in two months and you'll have nothing to show for it.”

“I don't care what he thinks.”

“You should!” She hit his metal arm. “He gave you this and i suspect he can take it away.”

Lucas looked alarmed. “He wouldn't do that.”

Coral threw up her hands. “You're so certain of everything!”

“I'm leaving. Go find Thomas and make sure he's not plotting against us.”