She clapped twice, gaining everyone's attention.

"Doors open in five minutes. Are we set?" She asked.

"All pets are bound Miss." the vampire in front of me replied.

"Perfect." She said with a fanged grin.

All of us kept our eyes set on her as she walked towards the middle of the room, her long black hair bouncing gently against her back.

She looked us all over a couple times from where we stood, a proud smirk resting peacefully on her face.

She was obviously proud of this group that she's put together, as she was with most of them.

We were like her dolls that she had spent so much time on and that she could now show everyone who was anxiously waiting to see what she had in stock.

She knew that her business was a great one.

"Alright darlings," She began with the quiet, gentle voice she always talked to us with. The kind of quiet voice that always sounded like a warning, "Today's the day I've prepared you all for. There's already a decent crowd outside waiting anxiously to see you all so I hope you're ready."

Many girls readied themselves before we were taken into the next room. Some fixing some tangles in their hair with their fingers, while others wiped their tears with their arms, trying to ready themselves.

Cryers were not tolerated during show day.

The Pet Mistress held a prideful look on her face as she watched them ready themselves with last-minute preparations.

She knew she had trained us well.

I for one felt like I was ready.

To me, this was just the next step in my life.

Although I was terrified, I was prepared.

If my new Master or Mistress is anything like my Pet Mistress than I don't think I have much to worry about.

The worst-case scenario is that I die during the next blood moon.

Once she saw that we were in fact ready, she spoke up.

"Recite the three rules that all of you are expected to follow." She commanded loud and strong.

We all spoke in perfect unison, having gone through this many times before.

"Do not speak unless spoken to. Do not move unless ordered to. Keep your eyes straight ahead until a purchase has been made."

"Fantastic." She told us before turning to her workers.

"They're ready. Take them in and line them up. I'll go greet the crowd."

She didn't wait for a response before leaving out the front of the room.

Immediately the first line was taken out the door she left in, followed by the next three lines after.

I took in a very long breath before dragging out my exhale, trying to calm my rushing nerves as the line in front of us was taken.

The worker approached the girl on the other side of my line, grabbing the chain between her wrists and leading us into the showing room.

I tried to get a good look at it before I would have to stand still.

This was the first time any of us pets had ever stepped foot in this room.
I was surprised to see that it wasn't very well lit.

Many light bulbs shined down onto the floor where the pets were lined, but besides that, there were just dim bulbs lighting up the rest of the very large room.