07 • Chess

It was lunchtime

It was lunchtime. The class was chatting away and eating lunch together. The atmosphere was light-hearted and friendly. Everyone seemed to be talking about the newest manga or anime that came out. Some people even went outside to hang out. Yuna didn't bother to join them. Instead, she sat at the back of the class and opened her notebook.

"How should I start this? I honestly have no idea," Yuna muttered to herself.

She slammed her notebook shut and groaned. This sucks. I wish I can just jab a knife in his back before he could see me. She gasped.

"That might be it," Yuna said.

She opened up her notebook and started writing. I might be able to figure it out if I use that trick I saw in this video once. She stopped writing and chewed on her bottom lip. Yuna wasn't sure if she could go through with it.

The video was from a reliable source, but how could she make it look like it was just an innocent joke? She didn't want him to catch on. Yuna needed to convince everyone that she wasn't interested in killing Koro-sensei, but at the same time cook up a plan that will kill him. It'll take a lot of manipulation, and it'll be a gradual process.

Yuna's stomach rumbled softly. I should eat now. I'm going to need the energy. She took out her lunch, which was a bento box. She made it the night before. It had rice and meat with some cooked vegetables. Yuna also had a juice box. It was nothing special, but it'll keep her from getting hungry.

Yuna took off the straw wrapper and started to sip on her juice. The juice was refreshing and quenched her thirst.

"Hey Yuna. Wanna eat with us?" A girl with blue hair asked her.

Yuna was hesitant, but finally relented. Might as well get to know them. Maybe they can help kill this stupid teacher. She thought to herself. "Sure, where are your friends sitting?" Yuna asked.

"I'll show you," She said. Yuna grabbed her stuff and followed the blue haired girl outside. She found Karma and another girl with green hair. They were playing cards.

"I win this time!" Kayano declared cheerfully. She stuck her tongue at him.

An annoyed grunt escaped Karma's lips. "You cheated," he stated in a matter-of-fact tone, "I know you did. I always win at this game."

"I didn't cheat! I just happened to win this time," Kayano snapped.

The blue haired female rubbed her head sheepishly. She walked up to them. "Yuna came to join us for lunch," She said.

"I thought she didn't want to join us or anyone in E Class? It sucks not hanging out with all the smart, cool kids for A Class." Karma teased, taking another sip of his drink.

Yuna ignored his comment and sat down next to Kayano. "You guys were playing cards?"

"We were. I finally won against Karma! It's fun. Do you wanna play too Yuna?" Kayano asked.