04 • Rewards

Ding Dong!

Ding Dong!

Yuna was in the washroom and heard the door open. Her eyes widened. She ran out, and saw her mother. Her dad gave her a kiss on the cheek and they were talking. Her mom noticed that Yuna was there. She gave her a weak smile. She definitely lost some weight, and she looked overall smaller and weaker. Yuna's eyes teared up. She ran to her mother and gave her a hug.

"Hello Yuna! It's been a while since I've saw you," She said, stroking her head.

"It's only been a week. It's been pretty busy these days," Yuna said laughing.

"A week is so much time since I've seen you though. Let's go eat dinner. Your father worked hard on it."

They sat down to eat. Her mother had a hard time trying pick up the pair of chopsticks. Yuna stared, but was unsure if she should help her or not. She finally managed to and took a couple bites of food. Yuna finally turned back to her food. She stared at it. She wasn't able to eat anything, but she forced herself to anyway. She took her chopsticks and shoved some food in her mouth. She swallowed it, and tried not to gag. God I don't wanna eat.

"How's school?" Her mom asked.

"Oh! It's been good. Tests have been stressful. Other than that I've been good," Yuna replied between bites.

"That's great. I'm so proud of my daughter!" She said, "Although don't overwork yourself with all those extra-curricular activities. You'll end up getting sick."

"What did the doctors say?"

"It's not as bad these days. They said I was in good enough condition to visit for the night. I'll have to go back tomorrow."

"You'll get better soon. Don't worry," Yuna's father said.

"Thank you for the food. I have to get ready for school tomorrow mom, so I'll go pack my stuff and do my homework. Good night. We'll talk more tomorrow." Yuna got up from the table and kissed her mom good night.

"Good night sweetie. Don't stay up too late."

"Yeah..don't worry."

Yuna ran up to her room and slammed the door. She felt tears trickle down her face and sunk to the floor. I'm okay..I'm okay. Don't cry. Everything is going to be fine. Mom will be okay. E Class won't be so bad. She thought to herself.

Tomorrow will be okay.

***

Yuna hiked up the long hill to the class that everyone stayed at, E-Class. By the time she reached the top, she could already feel sweat glistening on her forehead. She quickly wiped the beads of sweat of her face and plastered a fake smile. My name is Yuna Fukushima. I love math and. I hope we can become good friends! Yuna cringed when practicing her introduction about herself to everyone. God I'm going to be so cringy. She slapped herself, having two red prints appear on her face. Hello my name is Yuna Fukushima. I have a passion for art and I hope we can all get along. Yuna shook her head. Too formal. God this is going to be frustrating. Wait what I'm I thinking? I'm not going to be friends with any of this assholes.

While she was practicing her introduction when she entered the classroom, she tripped on of the sharp-edged rocks that were in front of her. She stumbled and ended up falling to her knees, wincing in pain as she felt sharp stones jab at her bare knees.

"What a great start to a first day!" She grumbled to herself. She immediately felt yellow tentacles wrap around her and in a few seconds, her dusty clothes and messy hair were fixed and she was standing on both her two feet.

Yuna quickly turned around to see a being with yellow tentacles and a grin greet her. She jumped back and screamed from the top of her lungs. "Who are you!?" She screamed, "Let me re-phrase that. What are you?"

It chuckled and pointed towards the door. "There's no need to be afraid. Of course, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm your teacher Koro-sensei."

"I'm confused. Is this a joke?"

A man with spiky black hair walked up to the two, along with the principal. The stern looks on their faces sent a shiver down Yuna's spine.

"I apologize for not telling you yesterday. Your father was in the room. I could risk him finding out. You see, that alien over there is planning on destroying the planet. He insists on teaching this class, but he won't hurt you," The principal, Mr.Asano explained.

Yuna was silent for a moment, standing there in disbelief. "There's no way I can be in a class like this. Put me back in A Class," She demanded.

"Unfortunately, your behaviour landed you here," He said, "I can't take you out."

"I'll tell my parents then. You think they'll let you run a school like this?"'

"Don't tell me you'll be giving up the one million yen? That's the reward you obtain if you kill the alien. Your parents could really use the money don't you think?" Mr. Asano said.

"One hundred million yen..?"