Chapter 10

The Queen had sent a certified letter to my adoptive parents explaining everything to them and told them they were welcome at anytime to come over to London and spend time with me. However, she also told them that she would like it if my identity was kept a secret for the time being to protect me. My parents agreed quickly and said it was a good idea.

I no longer had to work 3 jobs to support myself. The estate was now mine to do as I pleased with it and had gone to the Queen asking advice on how to hire better people to care for the mansion when I wasn't there.When I first went to the estate, Harry decided to tag along with me, saying he had never seen the estate and had heard it was beautiful.

When we got there, it was in ruins. The people my own grandparents had hired no longer took care of the estate and much had to be done. Shrubs trimmed, lawn mowed and the garden needed tending to. A new paint of coat was also needed.

When the Queen had heard what was going on, she was upset like I was. Here was a home I could live in. But before I could, it needed major work since the workers quit showing up for work after my grandfathers death. My grandparents were buried in the family cemetery, which was run over by tall grass and weeds. The Queen had asked for volunteers to go to the house with me to start the cleaning process. Half the staff readily volunteered to help, which I was grateful for.

Harry himself also decided to help with the cleanup work. He had tried conning William to help, but he made valid points as Kate was coming down sick and wanted to be with her as well as his duties as the Duke of Cambridge. I told him that it was ok if he couldn't. He did tell me that if he was able to find time, he would come over and help.

Which brings me back to today. It was the day that the house cleanup was finally finished. It had taken 4 weeks of cleanup and everything was done the day before but the Queen asked me to wait until she was able to go with me. I had started looking at her like a grandmother, which I told her. She had given me a smile and told me she had started looking after me like I was a granddaughter to her. She even told me to call her Granny, which is what William and Harry called her as well.

As we pulled up to the gate, I had gasped in awe. The outside was completely cleaned and given a new look. The trees had started changing colors for the season and the lawn was finally cut and the shrubs were done. As the car came to the front and Harry and William got out first, William took his grandmothers hand and Harry had taken mine and told me a secret.

"I paid to have a whole new fence and gate put up for you. The old one was broken in a lot of places and it couldn't be fixed. The new fence is wrought iron and so is the gate," he told me. I stood there in shock. Yes we had been spending time together as he helped with the cleanup, but I never thought he would do that.

"Thank you. I don't know what to say," I told him.

"You don't have to say anything. Growing up royal wasn't easy. Buckingham Palace, Clarence House, and Kensington all have the same fence. I want to make sure you were safe for when you started living here full time. It was hard for Will and I as we were always in the public eye. Especially after my mum died," he said speaking the last part softly.

I knew what he meant by that with my parents. I never knew either of them. The way the Queen talked, I would not have liked my father. He was a controlling man who wanted my mom to stay with him and not go back to London, where my grandparents lived and were waiting for me and my mom to get home. When they found out that I had survived the horrific event that left me an orphan, they both agreed that since I was too young, I would stay in the US and wait until I turned 28 to go back to the UK. But here I was at 31 finally back in my home country and my families home.

Harry didn't say anything after that as we walked into the house with Will and Granny. She had sat with me and helped me hire a new team to take care of the house. Granny was impressed with how the house had turned out. We had taken pictures of the before look before we started cleaning but didn't do the after look. We had decided to keep it a surprise for Granny. She was completely impressed as she walked through her friends home, reminiscing as we passed rooms and walked through the halls. There was one room that granny knew about and seemed to be leading us to.

"This door leads to the family jewels. A lot of them have been lost since the time of Henry and Anne, but these have been kept safe as they belong to your family. The passcode is your birthday to get in," she said as we stood in front of an ornate door. I typed in my birthday on the keypad and could hear the locks starting to unlock and then the door swung open.

We all stepped into the room and was greeted by a sight. The family jewels had been kept safe as it was a climate controlled room. Diamonds and rubies sparkled in the lights from around the room. One item had caught my attention and I turned to walk towards it.

It was the same crown that Henry wore as he was coronated. As I stood there looking at it, the others had found me as they walked through the room. William was the first to speak.

"I had always thought it had been lost. At least that's what a lot of the stories say," he said as Harry stood there in shock seeing the ornate crown.

"No. It has been kept here at the family home. It belongs to the family, just like the Windsor family jewels. These are the last of the Tudor jewels that have been recovered," Granny said.

Right then I saw the tiara that was thought to have been worn by Anne. It looked stunning. It was made of silver and diamonds. I knew then that this is one that I would wear on occasions that called for it.

"Ah the one thought to have by worn by Anne herself. Although there is no proof it is the same one, according to old texts this is the one that closely matches the description. I can see in your eyes it is already your favorite. Out of everything you see here, you can wear what you like," Granny said from behind me.

"Yes. It's absolutely stunning and beautiful. Is there a protocol for this?" I asked Granny.

"No, there isn't. You are the last in the line of Tudors and have complete control of your home and the jewels. It is different for us as we are the family the rules Britain now, but for you there are no rules. The only thing I ask of you is to maintain decorum when in public. It may not be official yet, but in the eyes of our family and Parliament, you are still royalty," she said.

Credit goes to CrownMasters for the crown. It is one of my personal favorites on the site.

Also, I know it's a really long chapter. It's to make up for being gone for so long after my fathers death. Thank you all for the support you have given me.

P.S.: the Royal Wedding was beautiful!!! Meghan was absolutely stunning in her dress!!!