Chapter 3

I sat down in the booth across from the two gentlemen that were currently sitting in it. They both looked at me as soon as I sat down.

"Are you Allison Anne McAddams?" one of them asked me.

I was instantly wary. Nobody knew my full name except my parents. Not even Megan knew what it was. However if I wanted to know what was going on, I needed to answer the question.

"Yes I am. And you are?" I replied back to him.

"My name is Jim Anderson and this is Alexander Johnson. We work for the British Royal family and have been asked by Her Majesty the Queen to come talk to you about your family," Jim said.

I was in shock, wondering why the royal family was interested in me. I was a nobody with my parents dead. I mentally shook myself and asked why they were there.

"Can you explain to me why the Royal family is so interested in me? I'm a nobody working 3 jobs to support myself since my parents are gone," I said.

They both shifted a little in their seats before Alexander responded. "We can't really say anything. Your bosses have been told that Her Majesty wants to speak with you regarding your family and that it would have to be done in person. You will be getting paid for the time you aren't working."

"And why can't you say anything? That makes no sense at all," I said getting frustrated.

"We would but Her Majesty asked us not to tell you anything. She said it would be better coming from her," Jim explained.

I sat back in the booth thinking about what they said. It could be true that they knew something about my family's history and to be honest, it was bringing my curiosity back from when I was a child. I sat up and got ready to ask my question.

"Ok. What do I need to do?"