Chapter 5

We pulled up to the palace gates and went through with no trouble. I was told to wear something light colored to make a good impression on the family so I chose a tea length white dress and some low heels. Knowing that some of the Windsor family was going to be there, I made sure my hair, nails and makeup was done appropriately. The last thing I needed was to be judged on my appearance. I had the feeling I was going to be judged because I'm an orphan, but I wasn't going to let it bother me. The family that adopted me had raised me right. Yes I struggled, but who didn't?

Alex had told me in the car to let either one of them open the door for me. So I sat patiently as they got out first on one side then Jim opened the door floor me. I quickly glanced up and saw a man standing in the window on the second level. The face looked familiar to me but I couldn't think of the name. I looked back to Jim as he quietly spoke to me then glanced back up and saw the man had disappeared. He wore a military uniform though. Now I was curious as to who it was.

Alex got my attention as we walked up the steps to the door as he and Jim were walking next to me. I paid little attention to what they were saying until they mentioned the younger brother Harry. I had to admit, I had a crush on him but with his playboy style it put me off.

We walked down the corridor to the room where I was to meet with the queen. We were an hour early so I sat there patiently. But as time went on I started to get nervous again. Jim noticed and said from his spot against the wall, "You need to relax. She isn't going to judge you."

"I know. But I can't help but feel nervous. What if I mess up and say the wrong thing?" I said almost freaking out.

"You won't mess up. We can tell," Alex said to me. "Yes you look nervous, but relax and be natural with your reactions." At the point, a man came in to announce the queens presence. I looked back to the guys and they discreetly motioned for me to stand. Here goes nothing.