Chapter 8

I just sat there. I had a feeling that's what she was going to say as she spoke of my family, but I still had no idea as to why they felt the need to find me. I was worried about what was going to happen until the queen spoke again.

"Your grandparents asked me to find you since you are the heir to their fortune, as well as being the last descendant of Henry and Anne. They wrote a will a year ago leaving the estate to you, including the family fortune and jewels that have been passed down in the family," she explained to me.

I sat there listening to what she was telling me. I was to inherit a huge fortune? I mean, yeah I worked three jobs, but it was my choice, not to mention what I had to do to survive. I didn't know what i was going to do at all. I would probably just leave the house and everything alone and just use it as a get away if I needed it. I snapped out of my thoughts as Harry cleared his throat.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look really pale. Let me get someone to come and make sure you're okay," he said.

"No, I'm okay. Just in shock. I looked everywhere for family but could never find anything. I guess I know why now. I never expanded my search overseas to look," I told Harry. I looked at the queen and asked," What would you like for me to do, Your Majesty?"

The queen simply smiled at me and said," I just want you to continue being yourself, here in Britain. I would like for you to permanently move here so the guard can keep an eye on you. After all, you are still royalty by blood. The house that was left to you by your grandparents, you won't have to pay taxes on it at all. It is a protected house by Parliament only for use by the family and their descendants. The estate I'm told is at least 50 acres, most of which is woods, surrounded by a fence to protect the house. You would be in charge of the house as lady of the manor. The staff would be yours to do with what you like. I won't force you to stay here, but I would like you to consider it. Especially if the paparazzi finds out."

I knew all too well what the paparazzi could do. William and Harry blamed them for the death of their mother in Paris. I looked up at the family and gave them my answer.

"I will stay here in Britain as you suggested, Your Majesty. I agree with you on the paparazzi and will do what it takes to remain safe."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think so far? Sorry it's so late!!

Should I have Allison and Harry get into a relationship further down the story?