Chapter 2

1 year ago

I walked into work getting ready to start my shift at the little cafe down the street from where I was living with my best friend Megan. I was working 3 jobs to support myself. It wasn't easy but I made it work somehow. Megan was the owner and manager of the cafe and I had met her right after high school. She was considered my only family. My parents had died when I was a baby so I lived in the orphanage until I was able to live on my own. During the years I tried finding information about my family, but couldn't find any. So I gave up to focus more on my studies in school.

When I walked out to the front to start, I noticed some men in suits at the back corner table. I recognized the accent as being British immediately but knowing I needed to start working I put it out of my mind. But before I could even get my apron on, Megan got my attention.

"Did you see the guys in the corner?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I did. I wonder why they're here though. We don't usually get customers dressed like that," I told her.

"Well they want to talk to you. Something about your family," Megan said.

"My family? I gave up long ago looking for information on my family cause I couldn't find anything. It makes no sense as to why they would be here," I said.

"Just go talk to them. Hear them out and see what they have to say," she calmly told me and turned to go back to the kitchen.

I got ready to walk over there when Megan came back out and gave me a cup of hot green tea. I smiled at her in thanks and walked over there. Here goes nothing.