The Walls (Part 2)

Newt

A week went by. Nothing. We got things in order. We figured out that outside the center was a giant maze. We figured out there was a note in the box we had come in, it mentioned something about this being The Glade. So Alby took it upon himself to call ourselves Gladers and the place we live The Glade.
We were all assigned 2 jobs. Me and Minho ran the maze together for half the day, seeing if we could find out anything else, then he would go off to try and build a barn and I would tend to the crops.
Nick and Alby decided amongst themselves they would be co-leaders for awhile, and Albys job was in the kitchen while Nick helped Minho build his barn. George helped me with the crops and Alby with the kitchen.
So a week goes by without hearing anything. Then, early one day the following week, we hear a loud, ear piercing ring go through the entire bloody place. I was still in my little hammock, Minho right next to me (we decided the hammock was much nicer than the beds in homestead) when I heard it. I jumped right out of my hammock and tried to find the source of all the noise. "What the hell is that?" Minho screamed to me on top of all the nose. I could barley hear they guy over the noise.
I saw in the distance Alby and George make their was over to the box, followed closely behind by Nick. I run towards them, too. After about 30 seconds, the noise stops and we realize that something is coming up in the box. "What's coming up?" Nick asked. No one responded.
The box stoped moving, and Alby took it as an opportunity to open it up. We did so, and we found 10 people and some more food and medicine. They were all disoriented, just like we were when we first got here.
"Where the hell are we?" The first one whined. He had bright orange hair and ran his hand through it as he got up. The rest followed his lead.
"Welcome to The Glade, shanks. Enjoy your stay." George said sarcastically. He turned around and yelled something in the direction I had come in. "Minho! Come help us welcome the new greenies!" What the hell is a greenie?
"Can Someone help me? I'm not sure why I'm here." Another one said. This kid had chestnut hair that stood up at the front. He was tan, and had blue-grey eyes.
"We still don't know." Nick said. "And we probably won't for a while. Anyway, I'm Nick, that's Alby, Newt, George and the one walking over here is Minho. I'll give you shanks a quick tour, tell you guys which jobs you'll be expected to take up, and where you will be sleeping and eating for the next, who knows how many days. Got that?"
They all shook their heads. Nick beckons them to follow him as he gave the tour. Me and Alby just got the supplies with the help of George. "New people, huh?" Minho asked as he finally got over here.
"Yeah, I guess so." Alby said back. We all organized the stuff and joined the greenies (I guess we are calling them that now) in their tour.

  The day ends, and I'm sitting in my hammock, staring at the sun setting. "What are you staring at?" Minho says from behind me. We are the only two who sleep in the hammocks. We are the only two who find them comfy. Maybe the greenies will join us one day. But for now, I don't mind being alone with Minho.
  "The sky." I respond. Minho sits next to me in my little hammock. His weight makes the whole thing shift his way, and I end up falling straight on his lap. We kind of just stare at each other for a moment, unsure of what to do. I was too lost in his eyes it realize he was blushing, and I realized this a few seconds later, and I couldn't help but smile.
I roll off his lap and onto the floor and get up. "You ok there, Newt?" Minho asked.
"Yeah." I say, wiping off the dirt that got on me. "Fine." I look back a him and get lost in his eyes again. I got the urge to just kiss his stupid face. He was too perfect.
"What are you looking at?" Minho asked. I realize that he realized I was staring at him and I stopped immediately and got up off the ground.
"Nothing, just got lost in my head, you know." I say casually. He laughs.
"So subtle." He mutters and goes off to his own hammock. I smile even wider. I'm in love with this dude.
And I don't know why.

A week later, more shanks show up (I realize I use this slang more and more). I really couldn't be bothered to learn any of their names, but now I was gonna have to.
"Yo, Newt." Nick comes up to me as I'm picking fresh tomatoes from the garden with the help of a newbie, Ben.
"Yeah?" I say, confused.
"We are having a big gathering with all the people here, gonna decide who's job is who's, who's the head of each job." Nick says back, then looks at Ben. "We need you too. Actually, just tell everyone you see on the way to the box. We need everyone."