part7

A few years later

            I pulled my sweater tighter around myself and looked around as humans busily went about their day. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and continued to walk down the busy street towards my apartment. My gaze traveled over all the humans and I look another deep breath to keep myself under control.

            I hated humans but my wolf hated them more. All my wolf wanted to do was to come out and run away from all the humans. As soon as I got into my apartment I closed my door and leaned against it. I bite my lip and took my sweater and hung it in the closet by the door and headed into the kitchen. I opened my fridge and that’s when I stopped. Someone was in my apartment but I wasn’t sure who. I lifted my head and closed the fridge and opened one of the drawers and pulled out one of the knives I had and put it behind my back before I headed into my bedroom where I knew whoever it was, was hiding.

            I flung open my door and grabbed the guy that stood there and pressed the knife against his throat. “Whoa!” he yelped and went stiff. That voice seemed familiar to me but I couldn’t place it.

            “Who are you and how did you get in here,” I growled and pressed the knife harder making him gasp for air.

            “Sky just let me go and we can talk about this,” he whispered and I froze. No one had called me that in years considering I had changed it so long ago.

            “My name isn’t sky so I don’t think there really isn’t much to talk about,” I muttered.

            “Well tell me what your name is and we can talk about this,” he said and I felt him stiffen.

            “Its Sahara,” I muttered and pulled away from him allowing him to face me. He definitely looked familiar but I still couldn’t place who he was.

            “Well Sahara I can tell you don’t recognize me. So I better tell you who I am,” he muttered. I just glared at him. “It’s me Austin.” I looked up at him and felt my mouth drop open.

            “Au…Austin what are you doing here?” I stuttered as I stepped away from him fear sweeping over me.

            “I came here to bring you back home sky,” he whispered and I glared up at him.

            “I’m not going home Austin,” I snapped.

            “You left just because of dom. I thought your pack came first Skylar. What happened to best friends forever no matter what? You left me in that air port wondering if I would ever see you again. My life ended that day sky. You were my everything and you just left without any good byes,” Austin said his gaze filled with pain. I felt my heart clench at his words and it took everything in me not to cry.

            “It was time for me to move on Austin. My place wasn’t with the pack. It was just for the best that I left,” I muttered. I watched as his eyes carried over my body before they came back to my face pain still plain on his face. “Besides you didn’t even bother looking for me so I knew I wasn’t wanted.”

            I watched as the pain in Austin’s gaze was replaced by anger as he glared down at me. “We searched for years for you Skylar but it was hard considering you changed your name and the place you said you were going to be going. We did everything in our power to find you but you hid yourself good. It was clear you didn’t want to be caught but we wouldn’t give up. It wasn’t until recently that we finally got a lead on you and so I came to make sure it was you. As soon as I smelt your scent I knew it was you this time,” he growled.