27. Digging past reveals untold truth

Start from the beginning

- What do you want? I ask her aggrevated and also thinking of Gillian.

- I wanted to see you. I missed you, Stefan. Indulge me for a little while, please?

- Why are you back in town?

- 3 reasons : you, you and you, she tells me smiling as she counts on her fingers.

- Nice, you don't even care of Gillian.

- You said it yourself, she isn't my daughter since I wasn't there for her, I shake my head as she smirks.

- You see, I can't quite get that down. Just kind of... gets stuck in my throat.

- Well, you know, it's the truth. Deep down inside that gorgeous body of yours there's the Stefan that fell in love with me too, I stare at Katherine while frowning.

Elena's P.O.V.

I'm sitting at a table at the Grill, alone and reading a book. When I can have some free time, I take it. Nobody's around me when suddenly, my least favorite Salvatore appears in the chair next to me. I gasp, keep my scream inside me as I put my hand over my heart.

- What do you want? I ask him annoyed already.

- So, this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back, mocks Damon as he looks around the Grill.

- I tricked you into telling me the truth, that's not stabbing you in the back, it's using your own tactics against you, I answer him before closing my book and my pen.

- Where are you going?

- I made myself clear, Damon. I want nothing to do with you, I stand up to leave.

- Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue, tells me Damon while taking a chips and eating it.

- How did you know about Jenna's barbecue? I ask him, turning around.

- It was my idea, he answers me like I should have known. Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So I told Ric to tell Jenna and...

- Does Jenna know that you're going to be there because she's not exactly a fan of yours, I tell him when a woman arrives. She hands him a box.

- Perfect. Thank you, he thanks the woman, smiling. She smiles back and walks away. I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way.

- What are you up to? I question him frowning. Damon approaches my ear before whispering something.

- I'm gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he is a werewolf, smiles Damon. See you at the barbecue, I sigh as the vampire leaves the Grill.

Tyler's P.O.V.

- Hey, Mason, got a second? I ask my uncle while seeing him taking his car key.

- No, man, barbecue at Jenna Sommers' house, answers my uncle smiling to me and ready to leave.

- Come on man; give me two minutes, alright? You can't keep dodging me. I'm freaking out over here!

- Tyler, what do you want me to say man? chuckles uncle Mason. Yes, I turned into wolf. No, it's not gonna happen to you.

- How do you know that?

- Because you're not gonna trigger the curse. Your dad didn't know anything about any of this neither did I until it happened to me, I frown confused. Dad didn't know about it? Then why did he had the moon stone? Why wouldn't it happen to me?