chapter 21

After everything that had happened yesterday I couldn't sleep at all-so here I was laying on my right side staring at my bedside clock which read 4:25am.It seemed as if I had suddenly developed some kind of insomia.

I kept replaying yesterday's events and mostly "Jake". I hated to admit it but  he scared me at this point and the fact that my father left me in his care infuriates me.The fact that he is apparently my 'soulmate' is just ridiculous, really.

So far there is absolutely nothing that he has done that proves that he is even my soulmate, honestly. He has treated me like a total commoner-just a visitor in his house and nothing more.He is just so damn impossible, infuriating.

I groaned at my rambling thoughts. Just thinking about my whole life changing situation was exhausting. I sighed and suddenly just found myself slipping into a deep sleep-not because I was sleepy but because I was just so exhausted.

******
I groaned loudly at my annoying ringing alarm. I grabbed it lazily and turned the the damn thing off. Honestly,I was starting to regret overthinking last night. I really had the urge to just go back to my comfy bed and sleep for days.However I definitely didn't think it would be worth Jake's rage-he would definitely blow a fuse if I did defy him,again.

I quickly ran to my ensuite bathroom stumbling a bit on my way there. I took a quick shower and hurriedly went to pick out my training outfit which consisted of black skin tights that hugged my beautiful curves and figure. I matched them with my faded black Nike sports bra and grey Nike sports shoes.Then I quickly tied my long curly black hair into a pony tail. However I definitely did not bother putting on any make up-I had to look serious about training.

After realizing I had no idea where the training room was I got lost a couple of times- maybe fourteen times until at some point I finally stumbled upon it. The room was very large-like a large ballroom only it had all the gym equipment needed.

I noticed that a lot of people were already in there training.Some where even fighting and it wasn't a very good sight. The two men looked like they were about to rip each other's heads off. Then again I had to remind myself that they weren't normal."you mean they are werewolves",Nina cut in.

I rolled my eyes,"glad you finally decided to pop in-you do that quite a lot". I could feel her annoyance "I'm part of you,you know. I get tired of talking to your boring ass"she commented. "Yeah whatever-maybe you should make that a permanent thing"I commented.

"Hey,what are you doing" I suddenly heard a voice in front of me.I looked up quickly and found Bryan looking at me with raised eyebrows.

I cleared my throat,"uhhhh I was just actually looking for you". This was getting very awkward and I seriously was considering going back to my room and locking myself up in there forever or at least as long as possible.

"Oh right...follow me",he said sounding a bit disappointed. I wondered if he actually expected me to warm up to him and pretend like everything was just dandy, rainbows and unicorns.

I followed him to a corner where there was also a large mat like the ones the two men were fighting on earlier.We stood there and I looked at him expectantly.

"So,today we are going to start with just the basics"he said stretching his large muscled arms over his shoulders,"you can go ahead and stretch a little but it's not really necessary considering you are half wolf blood "

I crossed my arms and sighed "first of all what exactly are the basics and second of all what does 'half wolf blood mean',I thought I was a complete werewolf too"

He took a few steps closer to me but kept his distance."the basic self defense mechanisms and half wolf blood means you are half a werewolf,one of your parents was not a werewolf . This means even though you can feel and communicate with your wolf you won't be able to shape shift into your wolf. But don't worry much about it you will still have the same abilities as any other werewolf in their basic human form which is why you have to train extra hard"he explained.

I let out a breath of relief,"Oh that's actually cool".I don't get to turn into a dog at least. I stepped closer to him "so let's do this ". He chuckled and nodded .
******

An hour or so passed with me totally getting my ass kicked by Bryan. I was really bad at defense-it really had me worried.

Bryan gave me a hand while I was down on my back,again. I grabbed it and faced him,again. We were both sweaty but Bryan didn't look anywhere near exhausted while on the other hand I looked like I just ran three marathons. I was a panting mess-another perk of being half werewolf.

Bryan ran a hand through his hair, clearly frustrated."Prisca you have to at least try not to get yourself in the same position over and over and over AGAIN!",he breathed in deep definitely trying to calm himself "this time actually grab my hand before I even have a chance to lung at you,twist it ,tackle me and kick me to the ground. Don't be scared I won't get hurt-im a werewolf remember."