"Oh my gosh. I can't do this." I sit down on a chair at the kitchen table.

I've never washed so much dishes in my life. I'm almost finish with this crap. I just have to mop the floor.

But I'm so lazy....

"Ugh." I throw my head back and close my eyes.

"Slacking already Mr. Tuan?" Hearing Mr. Wang's voice above me makes my eyes shoot open.

"WOAH!" I jump out of my seat.

"You scared the bejesus out of me!" I hold my chest, where my frantic heartbeat hammers against my chest.

"Time's up." Mr. Wang looks around the kitchen.

"I still have to mop the floors..." I speak lowly.

Mr. Wang's cool eyes, stare into my nervous frantic eyes.

"You're not finish, yet you slack off?"

"I-I mean.." I studder.

"Come here Mr. Tuan. Let's have a discussion about rules." Mr. Wang sits at the kitchen table and pats the sit beside him.

I sit down. I hang my head low fumbling with my fingers.

THIS IS WHY I HATE JOBS! I'M ALWAYS BEING SCOLDED!

"Look at me."

I raise my head immediately.

"Submissive and innocent." Mr. Wang sighs.

"What does submissive mean?" I ask. I've never heard of that word in my life.

"Nothing."

"Ya! That's not fair! You say everything is nothing." I point an accusing finger at Mr. Wang.

"You're here for work, nothing more than for work. I don't have to tell you things about myself."

I groan and pout. Big meanie.

"But Mr. Tuan let's address the problem." Mr. Wang crosses his legs.

"What problem?" I snap.

"That. That right there is a problem." Mr. Wang's cold eyes send a shiver down my spine.

"These rules I'm about to tell you, are rules that you're going to follow for the time you work here."

I nod my head to tell him I'm listening. But what am I five? Why do I need rules? But whatever.

"Rule number 1. You call me master at all times. When you're asking a question, add master into it. When you're talking to me, add master into it. You get the gist?"

"Yes master! I understand master." That's easy enough.

"Good. Second rule. Don't talk back or give me attitude."

Oh Lord. That's going to be a hard one.

I nod my head.

"Third rule. Only verbal responses. Don't nod your head."

"Why not?" That's a pretty weird rule.

"It pisses me off. I want to make sure you're actually listening to me."

"I'm listening master!" I salute.

"Stop saluting. This isn't the damn military." Mr. Wang pushes my hand down from my forehead.

WOAH HE TOUCHED ME!

But I'm sad. I like saluting.

"What's the fourth rule master?"

"When I give you a task and a time limit, I expect the task to be done in said time limit. I don't like slackers."

"I apologize for my slacking earlier master." I bow in my seat.

"Your fifth and final rule, don't tell anyone about this. No one needs to know you're my maid, got it?"

"Yes Master! I got it!" I chirp.

"Why are you so happy?" Mr. Wang looks at me almost disgusted.

"Mommy told me to always stay happy no matter what. Even now she's gone I'm still beaming! I'm sure she's happy in heaven with dad. Even though I'm broke and homeless, I still have to fullfill my promise to mom." I smile.

I miss her.

Mr. Wang stares at me. I can't read his expression but it looks almost awestruck.

"Master?" I peer into Mr. Wang's eyes.

"Aren't you sweet." Mr. Wang slaps his hand against the table and stands up.

"Now you know the rules. Follow them and this job will be smooth sailing." He starts to walk away but I stop.

"Master! What if I don't follow the rules? Do I get punished or something?" I don't want him to pinch my ear again.

"Get punished you say?" Mr. Wang's eyes roam from my face to my body.

"What? Did I spill bleach on my shirt? My pants?" I inspect my clothes.

Mr. Wang let's out a deep breath.

"You're too innocent."

"Am I?" I shrug.

Mr. Wang says nothing and starts to walk away.

"You didn't answer my question, master!"

"I won't punish you unless you do something that really pisses me off." Mr. Wang continues to walk away.

"Okay master!"

Make sure you don't make him mad Mark. HE MIGHT PINCH YOUR EAR AGAIN!

"Go clean the storage room." And with that Mr. Wang goes upstairs.

"Yes master!"

Welp, this is my job!

Mr. Wang sneaky...(;
I'm going to try to update my books much better I suck😅
Will Mark be able to keep his job?
Thanks for reading!
Baaaaaaaayyyyyyyiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee