School with Sapporta

Start from the beginning

The keyboard started and the recording of children singing in French started. Then it was time to really play.

Brendon sang wholeheartedly, he put  personality into every note making faces, bouncing around, and giving us a show.

The song was well written and catchy. He had recordings of an endless amount of instruments to add to the effect. The song ended with Brendon layered on top of the French choir and was emotionally powerful.

"And that one regret is you." The last lyric belted out of him as it faded with the choir.

Everyone clapped Brendon looked extremely happy.

"Excellent as always guys. Brendon do you have a copy of the score I can look over later." Haley smiled.

"Yeah sure." Brendon hopped down and went to his backpack to retrieve the score and brought it back to Haley.

"Any questions or critiques?" Haley asked the class.

"Yeah! Who in the heck were those French children?" Pete asked.

Everyone laughed.

"They weren't French actually they we're the West Los Angeles Children's choir. I participated in a workshop about growing your vocal range. I told them I had a song in the works and asked them to do a sample for me. They said yes and so that's where I got it from. Really talent nice kids." Brendon explained.

"Why is Mona Lisa repeated at the end. What has it to do with the context of the song?" Frank asked.

"Well this song is suppose to be the last song of the album were working on. I ran this one by you because we were iffy on it. One of the more important songs on the album is called Mona Lisa." Spencer said standing up.

"Well it's great I'll look over the score and give little cirques." Haley said.

We went to sit back down.

"You were really good from only a sight read! Thanks for helping out." Brendon smiled.

"Your welcome I like the song." I smiled back.

"Hey why don't you be the bass substitute for the band until we figure it out." Spencer suggested.

"Yeah that'd be great!" Kenny smiled.

"Um ok thanks." I blushed

"Welcome to Panic! At the Disco." Brendon winked.

-------------------

"Mind if I sit here?" I looked up from my lunch to see a boy smiled at me with bright shiny teeth.

"Uhhh of course not, sit down." I stuttered.

The boy was tall with dark hair and a face that said I probably have had sex with 4 people today I'm so amazing.

"Gabe Sapporta." He held out his hand to shake as he sat down across from me. This must be the guy the group was talking about at the party.

All the other guys either had different lunch periods or were off working on a project. I left Brendon asleep in a plush library chair.

"Dallon Weekes." I shook his hand back.

"So Dallon are you a transfer here? You look way too mature to be a freshman." He said taking a sip of his water bottle not breaking from the sexy smirk he gave off.

"Yeah I'm a junior, I just got accepted this year and was lucky enough to be able to come." I said taking a bite from the pizza I was eating.

"I'm a Senior this year, it's nice to see some new faces that aren't so arrogant or sarcastic but just calm and handsome."

"Thank you." I blushed.

"So what's your thing? I sing in a band called Cobra Starship."

"I play bass mostly, actually Panic! At the Disco asked if I wanted to be there bass substitute until they can get a new one. The lead singer, Brendon, is my roomate."

"Brendon? Hahaha handsome thing. So you're the new replacement? The band is insanely good but Brendon is very strung out sometimes and stubborn on want he wants. Gets annoying after awhile, they've had 4 people leave the band. The only one who has stayed through and through is Spencer but that's because he would probably feel awful leaving Brendon. Brendon has a way too low a self esteem and abandonment issues for that."

"Low self esteem? Didn't figure that."

"You don't really get the feel of that until you see him get dressed or you see him record music or do homework. Look in his eyes when he checks the mirror you'll see the sadness. I don't blame him though his parents kicked him out at 14. He lived on the street doing god knows what for a year until one of the board members found him singing on the street and took interest and pity."

"You're kidding right? He was homeless? But he said he was at Jesus camp all summer."

"Yeah his parents felt a little bad for him so they said they'd put him in Jesus camp in the summers for some place to stay or he could be homeless during the summer so he chooses the camp because it's better than nothing."

"No kidding? That's awful why'd he get kicked out."

"No one really knows and not a lot people knew he was homeless because obviously he doesn't talk about it. But I guess I shouldn't have said anything in the first place my bad. Don't tell him you know he'd probably be upset" He said eating a French fry.

"Sure I won't." I said slightly upset inside over this and began to eat a pudding cup.