Chapter 4

I stared at my white ceiling and groaned. "Ugh" I muttered as I got up from my bed, my eyes feeling puffy from crying so much. I went over to my mirror and looked in it, a vision of a panda coming to my mind as I stared at my mascara smudged eyes. I wiped it off gently as I remembered why I was crying. I knew it was going to take me a while to come to terms with it, but my mom wouldn't want me to be upset for the rest of my life, I shouldn't.

I got dressed into casual clothes and sprawled myself out on the bed, looking on my phone. My thumb double tapped the screen as I scrolled through peoples posts, and then I saw a notification. Someone had tagged me in their post. It was Cole, he had posted a picture of him in black and white at the set of Riverdale and captioned it with, "can't wait to see @ maddiexsprouse on set one day" I smiled as my subconscious read it. My phone immediately started blowing up with requests,one straight after the other. I turned off my private account and turned it into a public one. "Woah" I whispered as I saw I had gained over 500,000 followers. I messaged Cole on instagram, thanking him for the invite and asking him when I should come but my instagram closed by itself. I tried opening it but it wouldn't. An alert from instagram popped up saying an error happened due to extreme follower increase. I set my phone down and went to make breakfast.

After I had eaten my cereal since I couldn't cook, even if I did try it would end up as though a five year old did it. I tapped on the instagram app again, wishing for it to work. It opened and I mentally cheered, seeing a new message from Cole, " Short notice, but could you come tomorrow since we're filming the season finale" I agreed to it and switched off my phone, putting it to charge.

After a while of just sitting on my bed thinking about my mom and Cole, I forced myself to get up and go shopping. I got up slowly as can be and walked over to my wardrobe, choosing jeans and cute top. I walked out the front door, leaving the comfort of my small apartment.

I drove to my local mall and went into the fashion nova ( just pretend it's a shop) building, white with pink block letters. I walked in and went around the areas, looking for something casual but sexy, since I was going to see Cole of course. Something caught my attention in the corner of my eye. It was a spring dress that had a white top that dipped to show some cleavage but then a sort of mauve-pinky mid thigh bottom that was a little longer at the back. I walked over and looked at the tag. $35, not that bad. I grabbed one of them in my size and a pair of baby pink vans, like I said, this outfit needs to be causal too.

When I got home, I tried on the dress, and like I had assumed, it was stunning. The way the back trailed behind me flattered my shape, giving the illusion of a big booty. I put on the vans and did a turn. It was perfect.

*The next day*

I arrived at the set with my sexy, but cute of course, outfit and tried to walk over to Cole,however, I was stopped by security.
"Where do you think you're going?" He asked in a somehow sarcastic tone. I looked up at him since I was only 5" 4and told him about Cole. He refused to let me on set until the one and only Cole sprouse reassured him. "I asked her to come" he informed the guard and I was hesitantly let into the set.

Cole looked at me with a bit of sadness or put in his eyes and pulled me into a hug, slightly lifting me off the ground since I'm a shorty. "Are you feeling better today pumpkin?"
"Hold on, since when did we establish that you call me pumpkin?" I asked him as I raised an eyebrow at him. He compared my hair to a pumpkin since I was a gingery strawberry blonde. "Yea, let's not do that" he said as he realised how cringy it actually was. I could tell he was slightly embarrassed. Oo, Cole sprouse nervous around me?

He led me to a seat that said 'guest' on the back and I sat in it, smiling at all the actors. It was so surreal. Seeing them act, it was kind of weird but I could feel the suspense and it was great. "And...cut!" The director shouted and everyone started clapping, congratulating each other. I walked up to Lili Reinhart and Cole, congratulating both of them, "that was amazing" I said to lili, trying not to completely go crazy and fan girl. "Aww, thank you, your Maddie right?" She asked. "Yes, I am" I said, looking at Cole questionably. After I congratulated everyone and introduced myself, I walked back to my seat and took my phone out taking a picture of myself on snapchat, smiling. Just when I tapped the button, Cole jumped in and I jumped, resulting in a picture of me, scared as hell, with Cole in the background shouting. I giggled and saved it, turning around to see Cole smiling at me. "Wow, I look great" he said and laughed. I agreed and knew his ego had just doubled in size.

He held out his hand for me and I took it, walking with him to my car, talking the whole way. At one point we were walking so slow to keep the conversation going that I think we were nearly as slow as a snail. I laughed at Coles embarrassing story as we reached my car, slightly darkening the mood now having to part ways. That was so poetic omg. He smiled at me nervously and then looked down at the ground. "Ok so, you might say no, but I want to hang out with you sometime, if that's ok with you?" He asked. I internally screamed but I had to act calm and collected. "I'll think about it" I said, instantly feeling a little guilty for lying, "no I'm joking, of course I will." He smiled at me even wider and gave me a tight hug, arms around my waist, telling me he'll text me. "Oh and, I'm not one for super fancy and expensive dates" I said out of the  window and drove off, realising my mistake.
I called it a date.