Your Freedom

To say that Ciel Phantomhive felt awful was a huge understatement, he felt miserable and hollow as he walked the halls of his home, the once lively Phantomhive Manor was now reduced to a depressing, inhabitable atmosphere that even Ciel (Now as a demon) could literally taste the sadness around him.
Sebastian was worse, he acted so angry every single day, uninterested, bored and pissed off. Ciel's stomach churned at how minimalistic his butler would respond to him nowadays, only speaking when necessary (to say yes my Lord or Yes Young master) and to announce Ciel's schedule. He no longer shot back any witty comebacks or teased the young Earl, he no longer smiled or joked, he was no longer the Sebastian Ciel loved, and he knew in his little demon heart that it was all his fault. It was his fault for becoming a demon, for escaping the contract and for denying Sebastian his ultimate meal.

Ciel's eyes burned as tears slid down his cheeks, he didn't think the older demon would be THIS displeased at having to lose his meal, but then again Ciel would be mad to if he was denied his favorite food.
Being a young demon, Ciel was still very vulnerable. his instincts were yet to be heightened and his capabilities raised heck he can even be killed easily until he'd have his first human soul.
Ciel was thrilled when he realised that his butler Sebastian could help him but then his heart deflated the moment he saw how troubled and angry Sebastian still is "maybe some other time?" he thought to himself.

Ciel didn't understand why, he was finally a demon, he could finally spend eternity with the one he loves the most..and yet Sebastian only seemed to be at his breaking point with each passing day, growing colder and colder by the minute.
Ciel longed for the day Sebastian would smile again, three years of having to live with an emotionless and uninterested demon really did take a toll on him, despite Ciel's best efforts he knew the only thing that would make Sebastian happy once again was if the contract is broken so he could find a new soul to feast upon, or if Ciel would disappear from existence. And that hurt like a thousand daggers into the heart.

"Sebastian" Ciel called out softly to his butler who stood by his side, emotionless, cold and glaring at him. "What is it Young master" There it was again..that slight snap in his voice,The annoyed tone, the anger seeping through with every word and the venom that leaked out of his mouth was overwhelming for Ciel to handle anymore. He didn't think he'd be hated even in his death. "if you were given a chance to break our contract to find another soul…would you take it?" It was a dumb question, Ciel knew that. He also knew the answer that would come out of Sbeastian's mouth, clear as day, But he wanted to hear it personally, he wanted to know the truth. "Oh i would grab that chance in an instant, My lord, no second thoughts" Sebastian replied, to that Ciel flinched and continued "No matter the consequences?" Ciel asked hopefully, maybe if he let Sbeastian know that by attaining that it would mean he'd be gone. "No matter how massive that consequence might be, i'd take it in a heartbeat" He felt Cold…cold, deadly and desperate, Ciel's eyes stung as he pushed his chair back, and with his appetite now gone he truned to Sebastian with sad eyes to which the butler never looked at anymore.
Now…he was done.

"I'm retiring for the night, do not bother with getting me prepared for bed, i'll do them myself" and with that, Ciel walked away, feeling his former human heart ache with such a pain he never knew existed.
No…he can still fix it, he could still give Sebastian his happiness, he could bring back that smile again…yes, he could. He just needed to do one thing.

The young Earl opened the door to his room and  immediately walking over to his bed, he crouched down and took out a familiar long, green,crooked sword, the same one that had killed both Claude and Hannah. He could do it…yes, he could accomplish his last task and with that bring Sebastian's smile back too. He could be happy again, Ciel began to drag himself off the floor and on his desk where a white piece of paper was waiting for him, beside it was a quill and an ink bottle and with a heavy heary, began to write his last words to Sebastian Michaelis.