Chapter 37

You guys are gonna hate meeee. Enjoy!

**

Surprisingly, Camila was okay throughout the rest of the day. She was kept occupied with all of the different activities Dinah's mom had set up, and not once did she think of wanting to go home. But unfortunately, that changes when it comes to bedtime.

Normally, she'd nurse to sleep in her mama's arms, she would be held close and she didn't have to worry about tossing or turning for hours on end in hopes of getting to sleep like she was doing now. In a way, she kinda regrets coming to the sleepover without thinking about it first. She had just happily gone ahead with not thinking of what she could and couldn't do whilst here.

But she wasn't going to cry. She wasn't going to get Dinah's mom to call her mama either, because that would give her the satisfaction of being right and she really didn't want her to say 'i told you so'.

It wasn't all that bad anyway. She had her pull-up, she had Nala, a stuffed animal that was her mama's. It had her scent on it so she had let her take it with her today just in case she got home sick. Which turned out to be a good idea as right now, she was missing home and her mama very much.

Letting out a sigh, she turns onto her side to face Dinah who was laying next to her. She startles slightly when she was met with a pair of brown eyes staring at her, but she soon calms down.

"You okay?" The girl asks tiredly as she fiddles the corner of the blanket.

Clutching Nala closer to her chest, Camila nods, "Yeah, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you" she apologises quietly, feeling bad.

Dinah smiles slightly, "It's okay. Do you...do you miss your mom?" She asks, getting an inkling this was why her friend had yet to fall asleep.

Swallowing back her tears, Camila shrugs her shoulders, "a little I guess" she whispers, trying to avoid eye contact in fear of actually breaking down into tears. She doesn't know why this always happens, why the want to cry is always so much higher when someone corners her and asks her what was wrong.

"Do you want me to get my mom?" Dinah asks as she takes Camila's hand in hers, hoping the small, yet soothing touch would make her feel better.

Camila's quick to shake her head. She doesn't want her mama or Dinah's mom to think she's a baby for not managing to get through a whole sleepover.

Dinah bites her bottom lip, "Okay, do you have a pacifier with or anything with you?" She asks, well aware her words might be a little too much too soon. She had to take the risk though, because she didn't want Camila to be upset anymore than she already was.

"No, but it's okay. I'll be fine" the small brunette replies, sending a tiny smile Dinah's was before turning onto her opposite side. She didn't want to have to face or make eye contact with her anymore or she really will start crying.

She tenses for a second when she feels arms around her waist, but when she realises the touch wasn't meant to hurt her, she tries her best to relax whilst bringing her free hand round rest on top of the hands linked together on her stomach.

She was a big girl, she could do this.

*

The next morning when she was sat in Dinah's room getting changed out of her pyjamas, she hears the all to familiar voice of her mama coming from downstairs. In her haste and want to get to her, she completely forgets about her overalls and takes off towards her clad in only a shirt and a pair of tights.

"Mama!" She cries out, only giving the woman a second to prepare before she propels herself into her arms from the bottom step of the stairs.