Prologue

She gazed at the girl with boredom. She is the last girl for the day.

Kahit na saang anggulo niya talaga tingnan ay hindi niya magustohan ang fashion sense nito. Napaka-trying hard ng dating. Everything is just too much and very messy. She was too colorful that it pains to lay her eyes on her. So she looked away. 

It’s chilling to see such cheap clothes and accessories in plain sight. Most especially this close, she is already itching as she sat restless on her seat.

“Oh please, did you really think you can blend-in with us looking like that?” ani Kim na kulang na lang ay dumuwal sa karumaldumal na fashion sense ng bago nilang applicant. “You’ve got such confidence!” 

“Yeah, we’re not groupies you know. It would be a total shame to be walking along with someone who looked like a fashion victim or something.” Maarteng sabad naman ni Mycah. “We have a reputation.” Anito habang nagposing na parang model. 

Nakatungo lamang at hiyang-hiya sa inabot na lait ang freshmen na nangarap na mapabilang sa pinakasikat na grupo sa kanilang unibersidad. Isang grupo ng mga magaganda, sopistikada at mayayamang mga estudyante na tinitingala at hinahangaan ng marami. 

Valerie noticed the girl’s expression. Alam niyang iniinda nito ang mga salitang tinatanggap nito. She smirked, it’s not like they forced her to stand in front of them right now. She did it on her own because of the same reason as everybody else.

They want to be in her world, the world of glam and fame. Just that.

But she is not going to make it easy for them… for the opportunists like them.

And she is not likely to fall for a mere puppy or angelic face. She has had the worst before.

Tumayo siya na ikinagulat ng babae. 

“Where is Rika when you need her?” iritado niyang tanong. 

Kim and Mycah flinched.

“R-right! I haven’t seen her since this morning!” sagot ni Kim.

“Seriously! Is that girl’s middle name ‘trouble’? Because I will give her one right now!” imbyernang humakbang siya palapit sa babaeng tahimik sa harapan niya. 

“A-ano’ng ibig mong sabihin V?” tanong ni Mycah.

Hinawakan niya ang baba ng babae upang tumingala ito at magkatitigan sila. 

“Gusto mo talagang maging isa sa amin?” she asked.

Shaking, the girl nodded.

Ngumiti siya. Isang mahiwagang ngiti na nagpakaba kena Mycah at Kim. 

“You can have Rika’s slot if you succeed with the three missions I’ll give you.”

She heard gasps from Mycah and Kim. 

“But V!” Kim shrieked. 

Nilingon niya ito nang nakataas ang kilay. “What?” 

Natakot na lumunok nalang ng sariling laway si Kim at piniling tumahimik.

“My three easy missions for you will be to give me Coach’s latest wallet, Dior’s La D de Dior watch and umm… what would be the third… perhaps an Allure perfume by Chanel?” she said.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ng babae.

“Ha? Pero wala akong pambili nyan.”

Nakuha nina Kim at Mycah ang ibig ipahiwatig ni Valerie. This is just another initiation that will entertain the Queen Bee.