The bite

"Mike?"

"Michael!C'mon,wake up,i-it's not funny!"

The boy slowly opened his eyes again as he heard Christian and Gabriel calling his name.

"Ugh...what happened?" He asked,pressing his tempers and groaning as the bright light in the room flashed in his eyes. "My head hurts..."

"Shh,don't worry and stay calm. You passed out last night. " Chris answered while checking him.

"...I did?"

"Mhm. You have to relax now." He answered again.

"N-no way,I can't!I have to-"

"Susie and Jeremy are already in the second pizzeria for their shift." Gabriel spoke. He was standing next to Michael's bed thanks to a crutch.

"...T-they went there alone?On their o-own?!" Mike asked worriedly and quickly sat up.

"Calm down!My dad sounded pretty angry and they had to go if they didn't want to be fired. And right now,we don't need that,do we? You know the pizzeria may close at the end of the year,and my father wants to get as many money as he can before closing,so... He sent them in the other pizzeria for a birthday."

Michael looked down worriedly.

"Hey... You have to take it easy. If you keep going like that,something worse might happen." Christian pouted while stroking the boy's back.

"Yeah,yeah..." He huffed,facing away.

"Look at the bright side! I'm getting better fast and can already walk with a crutch and soon i'll be able to walk on my own again!" Gabriel chuckled,causing Mike to smile at him optimism. "Hehe,right."

"By the way,Mike...Your skin and eyes are-"

In that moment the boy realized his skin was visible,and so his eyes.

He realized he fucked up.

"O-oh,well,I-"

"No need to explain!Your uncle over here already told me pretty much. I was about to say they're...pretty cool!" The man chuckled as the other stared spacheless for a few seconds,then sighed.

"Psh,thanks i guess...-"

"N-NO!LET ME IN!Please!"

A girly voice shouted from the hall.

"...Susie? Gabe,wasn't she supposed to be at the birthday?" He asked,frowning and trying to peek from the open door of his room.

"Yeah?She was supposed to!What the hell happened?"

"Let's check!" Michael gulped,quickly standing and stumbling for a moment,then walking to the door as Gabriel followed.

"Mike,be careful!You can't walk properly ye-...Nevermind. He's gone." The doctor sighed and after fixing his glasses,he stood and left the room as well.

Susie sobbed desperately in the waiting room.

"Susie!" Gabriel shouted.

"W-what happened??" Mike continued.

"Michael!Gabe!O-oh gosh!" She cried while throwing herself in their arms,hugging tightly in fear.

"W-where's Jeremy?" The tallest gulped.

"I-...He-...!!" Susie just kept on crying.

The two boys glared at each other,understanding what was going on.

"...I-it's mangle!He was watching the children and went in her room and...and- He was bitten! I-it ripped off a part of his HEAD! H-How's a kid attraction supposed to DO THAT?!W-what if he dies!?" She sobbed and shivered lightly.