Chapter 17[Bonus]

Start from the beginning

He shook his head dismissively and slipped his hands in his jean pockets. I stopped walking instantly and shot him a sour from my place. After a few steps Ian turned again and raised his eyebrows at me as if in question.

"Hey! I don't take this attitude from anyone, okay? What the hell is wrong with you?" I frowned at his behaviour and tugged at the hem of my shirt with annoyance.

"Just walk Zola. I beg you. I swear I'll explain everything, please just come with me right now." Ian pleaded as he walked over to my side again.

I breathed out in an attempt to calm myself down and resumed my hike to the said place. Ian was better this time around, smiling and showing me the area around.

I hardly saw anything though, the deep dark night blocked most of the surroundings but the lights that lit up the streets, made the walk look fantastical. We carried on this way for quite some time, Ian trying to make conversation but I was too absolved in my thoughts to give him a proper reply. 

"We have to take a right from here and then we'll reach the beach." Ian pointed out, the road looked so rocky, dark and formidable that I regretted this trip.

Darkness and me did not mix well with each other. A lot of this was because of a heinous prank that Rico played on me when I was six. 

Stupid brothers.

"Its okay to be scared, you know. There is light down there and it'll be beautiful and bright. I promise." Ian held my hand tightly in his and pulled me along towards the rough terrain.

I rubbed my slightly sweaty palm on the front of my jeans nervously and nodded my head trying to assure Ian or myself, I didn't know.As I strolled in its direction, each second I moved closer to Ian.

By the time we reached the edge I was hiding behind Ian for protection, my face was flattened against his back tightly with my eyes clasped shut. I loved the fact that I could see absolutely nothing, it made the horror a lot less frightening for me.

"Open your eyes, Zoe. You have to see this." Ian murmured, turning a little and lifted my head off his shoulder.

Peeking through one eye and then through the other I gaped at the sight before me. For a second I forgot to breathe, the beach had to be one of the most gorgeous things I'd ever seen. A huge ivory moon hung low in the sky, just touching the horizon and shining the sea water below it. 

The actual water was still a little farther away from where we stood, that is on what seemed to be a paved footpath. The bewitching, awe-inspiring location was lit up by what I guessed were tiki torches; each a little further apart than the other but was still able to light up the entire place in the most mesmerizing fashion. I spotted a few lamps around the area as well, although most of them seemed to be switched off that moment.

"I-This is- I have no words!" I said.

"I know. Its the same reaction everyone has the first time they see this place." Ian let out a breathless chuckle and began to trudge forward with me closely by his side.

"Will you finally tell me what in the universe is going on?" I quizzed, my curiosity eating me whole.

"Yes. It will come as a shock Zola and I know I am not the right person to tell you this but it is something you should be aware of." Ian spoke firmly as his face turning business-y.

I simply nodded my head and politely asked him to continue. All the doubts, uncertainty and  questions rushed to my mind, I began to dread and wonder what this huge secret was.

"Zachary is not really an Alpha of this pack..." Ian began.

I felt the ground below me shatter, a deep frown etched in my face I began to mull what Ian said but nothing made sense to me.