Alone At The Bar

Steves p.o.v

My hand fell across the bed. It was empty. I stood up and rubbed my eyes then turned them to tonys side of the bed. No-one. The blankets felt cold, he must have left a while ago. I turned my head towards the clock near the desk lamp, 5:45 am.

Where the hell would that man be at 5 in the morning?

Since I was already up I decided to go check on Peter. He was asleep on his bed. We picked it out awhile ago since he was already 5.
He even wrote our names on the small plank of wood on the front of the bed.
Maybe I'll call, he should answer*

* phone rings *

I walked to the kitchen and picked up tonys phone. He left it.

I placed the phone back on the counter and walked down the hall to Peters room. He decorated the front door, and even put a sign that said "superheros only".

"Knock knock" I said slowly opening the door and peeping my head in through the crack.

" who's there " a small voice said from in side the room.
" Peter where are you" I looked around but no sign of him. I opened the door and walked inside. The floor was covered in small cars and trains that Peter had gotten for his birthday.
"Marco"
"Polo" said the voice again, coming from under the bed.
I walked over to the small bed and peeked under, to see a small spider scrunched up underneath.
" what are you doing Peter ?" I asked confused on why he was under his bed.
" practicing hiding for when I'm in battle" he responded holding his toy spider on one side of him and his blanket on the other.
I looked at him wanting to ask another question but Tony wasn't home and I didn't like it. I reached inside and grabbed peters hand before pulling him out.
" we're going to go get your dad real quick" I said.
"Where is he ?" Peter said looking up at me. " At .... work . " my eyes looking down at the lie I had told my son.

I held peters hand and we walked to the car.
Tony you better have a good explanation.

We drove around the block for hours.
And I could tell Peter was getting tired.
I'll leave him with Ms winter's, since all the other avengers are probably busy.

We pulled up to a small blue house at the corner of the street. It had a small gate that looked a bit rusted and behind it was beautiful green grass. It looked soft. I opened the door for Peter and we walked to the rusty gate.
" can I ring the doorbell?" I looked down at Peter and smiled before picking him up to reach the doorbell. He pressed his small fingers on the button and the white door on the other side swung open.

"Who's .. *cough* *cough* there ?"
The women standing in the door was small. Had a white shirt and purple skirt with blue sandals. A grandma.
" it's me ms winter's, steve ?"

" the shield guy? " the lady responded walking a bit closer.
" no the pizza deliverer" I said in a sarcastic voice. The lady smiled and walked over to unlock the gate.
" I thought you were that crazy guy with the shield"
"Ms winter!" I said in a complaining voice. She laughed.

" I came to drop off Peter for a bit. Do you remember him? He's the son tony and I adopted."
"Why yes" she said in a caring voice. "Who could forget this adorable little boy. Come Peter I was just going to make cookies." She held out her hand towards Peter and he looked at me. " I'll be back in a bit , behave" I leaned over, kissed his head then went back to the car.
I watched as Peter and Ms winter's walked inside. I won't take long.

Tonys p.o.v

(Note : the guy tony is about to talk to is his high-school friend named Kevin. He's the bar tender)