𝐯𝐢. 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 — 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

❝ 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 ❞

──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──

"The Dark Ages—"

"They're cutting art and music classes and you want to talk about the dark ages," Maya cut off Mr. Matthews, heatedly.

Matthews continued, "the Dark Ages were a time of cultural deterioration."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"The dark ages was the decline of the creative spirit of an entire continent."

"What about me," Maya pouted.

Matthews sighed, "the Dark Ages is when they cut art and music classes at this middle school, right now," he said looking at Maya, "and you, Maya Hart. Yes, you, Maya Hart, the one I'm looking at right here, can't paint anymore."

"You know, a good teacher lets their students get there on their own," Maya said.

Riley raised her purple paint covered hand, "Daddy?"

"Riley, if you put another purple cat on our fridge, I swear, I'm moving to Brooklyn."

"Scratch my nose," she pleaded, "I won't be dry until math and Mrs. Kravitz scratches my nose like she doesn't want to."

After Mr. Matthews tended to his daughter, he continued with his lesson, "so, why were the Dark Ages dark, Pippin?"

"People lost interest in art and music because it was taken away from them," Farkle answered.

"Well, I don't want that for Maya," Andrew spoke up from behind the blonde, "I want Maya to be happy."

Zay broke the silence in the room, "hey, Maya, looks like Andrew is gettin' all fired up on your behalf."

Maya sighed, "thank you, Andrew, but it's just an art class."

"I feel bad," Andrew continued, "they're taking away something you're really good at."

"You've never said that to me before."

Andrew rolled his eyes, "I've said it."

"Yeah, but not, like straight to my face when you are looking at me. I can't remember you actually—"

"You're a great artist, Maya," Andrew cut her off, "and I want you to get better and share it with people," he paused, "I don't want them to take away your art class, Maya."

"Bay window," Riley squinted her eyes, "bay window right in five hours."

"...Okay."

"Since we're on the subjects of talent," Lucas cut in, "has anyone seen Amanda?"