Chapter Thirteen: Crowning Ceremony.

(Ember's pov)
We exited the cabin and walked to the pack house. Outside in the back was a gazebo and tables were everywhere and held food there was even a Lindor chocolate fountain.

Inside the gazebo was an alter that was surrounded by benches, on the alter stood a golden bejewelled chalice and a pitcher of wine. Once the ceremony began we would slice our palms and allow the blood to flow into the wine of the chalice.

That way I would be bound to the pack and pulled into the link and then we would connect our palms and take a vow of protection and would accept each other as alpha and Luna.

"C'mon, let's get the ceremony over with so you can meet my parents they're excited to meet you... I told them about what happened." I stated at him wide eyed.

"You told them about the abuse?" I questioned shocked. His eyes darkened and a growl ripped through his throat. That's when I realised he didn't know.

"What abuse?" He was practically boiling with anger. No point avoiding it now. I released a shaky breath as his eyes met mine. His wolf was close to close.

"Not here" I whispered and pulled him away from prying eyes. We found ourselves in a small clearing in the woods as I began my story. I held his hand for comfort.

"When I was seven, my parents died in a car crash. The roads were slippery and my father took a wrong turn and couldn't push the breaks. We crashed right into a construction site. They died on impact. I was the only survivor.

I was taken in by a seemingly nice human family, but they decided me. After the first few nice days they started... Hitting me-" a deep growl cut me off. I glared. "It's just be slaps at first but that soon escalated.

They would call me useless and taunt me, a seven year old girl who was traumatised by her parents death- about how they did it purposely to get away from me... How I was a nobody and deserved what I got.

The first time I got the belt beating was when I was ten. I had hit their son who was being spiteful. The- they pinned me to the kitchen floor and Carla got a spare belt from Jason's closet.

Hey whipped me until I was raw. The next beating was after I had went to social services. I told everything and soon someone came out to see us.

They brushed it off and that's when it kicked off I was stabbed and beaten. I don't remember much after because I passed out... When I turned seventeen I'd had enough. I gathered some money and ran. Stole a car and came here.

I was attacked by Terrance and three others they took my money and tried to kidnap me. That's when I was rescued by Cole and Lyla. How I became a werewolf" I finished up and let the tears fall as I spilled my heart out to the only other person besides my family would understand.

Damon pulled me into his warm embrace and I felt water on my hair. I looked up to see him crying. "I'm so sorry, Ember. Nobody should have to go through that." He whispered out. I pulled away after a moment.

"It's in the past, they're locked away now for life. I just thought you ought to know. No more secrets." I said as my wolf whined.

"No more secrets" he repeated and kissed me. The kiss was slow and full of longing and pain. Pain for me. After a moment we pulled away. "I need to tell my family. Can I?" I nodded. His eyes flooded over as he mind linked.

"C'mon, the ceremony's about to start" I said. Entwining our fingers I walked back to the pack with Damon by my side.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We stood at the alter as we overlooked the pack. Damon was first to speak. "As you know, I have found my mate. Her name is Ember Leigh Caulfield and she is the Luna. You are all to treat her with respect whilst she's here" murmurs traveled as the pack grew restless. Damon silenced them.

"She will be here for a week before returning home. This will how it will be until she wishes to stay permanently. Fear not as she will visit frequently" the pack cheered. One she wolf however wasn't pleased she openly scowled.

"'Whilst' she's here? Aren't luna's supposed to stay with the pack once crowned?" She spat glaring at me. Damon growled.

"It is for the luna's comfort that I do this and you are not to question it! All those opposed to the Luna having pack leave, please raise you're hand" Damon commanded them. No hands went up except for the she wolves.

"Alpha, Luna may ask why the Luna revived pack leave?" A warrior called Milo asked. Damon looked to me for permission I nodded.

His eyes glazed over as he sent the images of our conversation in the clearing to the pack they growled out in fury. I grew teary eyed at their support. "Anything to add Marcy?" Damon asked coldly. She glared.

"That position doesn't belong to her! She's broken and we can't have a broken Luna running the pack!" She spat and longed for me. She was suddenly pulled back by two warriors. "That position should've been mine!" She screamed as she was pulled away to the pack cells.

I stared at the spot she had just been in. Damon rubbed my arm comfortingly. "Time for you to become my Luna" he whispered. The pack was silent as the scene unfolded.

Damon sliced his palm and allowed the blood to flow into the chalice. I took the knife and mimicked his actions. He drank from the chalice and then handed it to me.

I did the same as we joined our split palms. I felt the link pulling me. "Do you, Ember Leigh Caulfield accept the position of Luna of the Dark Claw pack and as my equal. Do you swear to protect the pack with you're life?" His eyes bore into mine. Shining with admiration.

"I do." The crowed cheered. "Do you, Damon Coleson accept position as my equal and swear to protect this pack with you're life?" I repeated his words.

"I do" was all he said before crashing his lips to mine as cheers and hoots surrounded us...

A/N: GUYS! I can't remember if I gave Damon a surname! If you know I did lemme know because I've given him the surname Coleson outta the blue! I had to improvise! Thanks for reading!! What's you think?! :)