Chapter Three: New Family.

(Ember's pov)
I slice my hand with the knife and put my palm to Sharon's. I gasp as power floods me. Voices erupt in my mind and I wince in pain. "Picture a barrier, it will block put the voices" she says.

Closing my eyes I feel the voices fade away and I sign in relief. "There are some other things you should know, werewolves can link each other telepathically also known as the Mind link. This lets us know you are ok and safe or in danger amongst other things like you're emotions.

Secondly, you have a scent which allows wolves to distinguish you amongst themselves. You smell of dark chocolate and roses. Also when you meet you're mate the mate bond will be activated-" I sputter shocked.

"What?!" This word is so messed up!

"The bond allows you to link each other, feel emotions and sparks. They complete you and it also helps push along the mating process. You're mate will mark you and then. Well I'm guessing you get the rest although you you'd need to be  safe" Sharon finished.

"Ok, I got it, is that you're Mark?"'I ask. She nods and pulls her shirt down exposing the mark. It's off two wolves howling at the moon.

"Each is different" she tells me. "Now, about the rogue King, he's very dangerous and that man who tried to kidnap you is called terrace he's the Kings right hand and will do anything to please him... Even if it means harming innocent humans" she says growling at the last part.

"Now, tomorrow we will show you how to hunt using weapons and introduce you to the pack and help you train but as of now you must rest. This cabin we're in is lyla's and she has a spare room you can use. Each wolf has Their own cabin so you have privacy; but if a wolf is still skittish they'll stay in the pack house to get their bearings" I nod.

"Where are we? Won't the humans find us?" I ask slightly panicking.

"No, we're in the forest, most of the humans just think we're bush people that don't like to socialise and keep to ourselves, hunters are the only ones who know of us. Lyla, will you take Ember shopping tomorrow for clothes?" She asks addressing her daughter.

"Sure! More girl time for me! Ember, you're rank after you shift could possibly be high! I'm so excited!" She squeals and drags me up from the couch. "C'mon you're rooms ready!" She tells me and pulls me up the stairs as the others let themselves out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upstairs, Lyla leads me to a dark Oakwood door. "Here we are!" She says and flings the door open rescaling a shockingly cozy room.

 "Here we are!" She says and flings the door open rescaling a shockingly cozy room

Wooden beams travelled across the ceiling and a light hung proudly at the top. There was a stone fireplace to the front of the bed and two leather armchairs were angled at either end of it, there was a rug and beside the bed which was a massive bed with white pillows and a duvet mixed with brown pillows had to bedside tables. One held a lamp and the other was currently empty.

The bedpost are litter ally made of curving branches and a scent of cinnamon filled the air as the logs burned. I looked over to the far end of the room and saw that I had a perfect view of the forest and if I opened the doors I could go from my room to the forest path. A mirror was above the fireplace.

"It's beautiful!" I exclaimed and before I knew what I was doing my arms had wound around lyla's body and I was hugging her. She laughed and hugged me back.

"So I take it you're warming up to being my sister now?" She asked laughing lightly as I nodded. "You're parents wouldn't want you to be sad, ya know? They're probably thinking that we are damn awesome people and they're happy for ya" I laughed at this.

"Yeah, I hope so" I said. "Where will I store my clothes?" I asked and she shrugged.

"You have an en suite bathroom but if you look over there in the far corner you'll notice a wardrobe, it's almost hidden. If you look in it, it has some clothes already in there, I think they're hand me downs from Serena for me but you can have em'" she says. I look in the direction of the wardrobe and notice it. It's hidden but if you know where to look you can find it.

"Ok

"Ok... Crap! I left my duffel bag in the car!" I exclaimed she smirked and walked away from me appearing with a bag in her hands. "Thank god! You're a life saver! Literally!" I say and hugged her again.

"Well, go get a shower or bath of whatever and sleep. We've got a big day tomorrow" she says. I nod as she disappeared.

What the hell have I gotten myself into? I shook the thought away and proceeds to go into the bathroom. I showed, brushed my teeth and dressed in my pyjamas before climbing into bed and clocking out...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wake up!" Lyla's voice pulls me out of sleep and I sit upright. "Are you ok?! I heard you screaming?!" I gulp in air as sweat drips down my head.

"It was a nightmare... I'll be ok. Go back asleep, sorry for waking you" I said. She shrugged and pulled the covers back I moved over so she could climb in next to me.

"My wolf's uneasy... Can I stay here with you. She doesn't want to leave you alone" I sighed and nodded. "Night" she mutters.

I Find sleep pulling me back as lyla's even breathing soothes me. I'd known these People less than a day and already they'd saved my life, confused me, turned everything I knew upside down and yet they cared about me as if I really was their family.

What'd I do to deserve such a twist of fate?... Guess I'll never know...

A/N: So chapter three is up! What'd you all think? Vote comment and give feedback!