Chapter 16 Nightlock

Katniss POV

I open my eyes and look around. I feel better and the sun is shining. I try to sit up but Peeta's arm holds me down. I yawn and tickle his nose. His hand flies up and he smacks himself in the face. I laugh as he jumps and looks around, resting his eyes on me and frowning.

"What was that for?" he asks. 

"I wanted to wake you up." I say sitting up and stretching. "We have to move, don't have much time left."

"And a simple 'Peeta wake up' wouldn't have been enough?" he asks standing up as well. I shake my head and pull my jacket on. "Alright, lets go." we pack our stuff and leave the cave.

"Alright, we should hunt. We can't only live on berries." I say turning around.

"Alright, I'll take the bow." he says holding his hand out. I look down and back to him to see him smiling. "I'm kidding. I'll see if I can find some more berries. You can never have enough." he turns and walks away. I smile and turn. After a few seconds I see a bird sitting in a tree. I pull an arrow and aim it but just as I want to shoot the canon goes off. I turn and run back to where Peeta and split up.

"Peeta?" I see his jacket on the ground with some berries piled on it. I run over to it and look to see what they really are. "Peeta!" I jump up and run, coming through a brush and crashing into him.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asks.

"I heard the canon!" I look down and see the berries in his hand. "Thats Nightlock Peeta!" I smack them out of his hand. "You'll be dead in a minute!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." he says.

"You scared me to death Peeta! Damn you." I say wrapping my arms tightly around his neck. He wraps his around my waist and pulls me close.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." he says. After a while I pull away and we start again. "Wait, whats that?" he points to something laying in the bush. We walk to it and see its foxface.

"She was following you." I say kneeling down. "And fell for the berries." I take them from her hand.

"What are you doing?" he asks as we stand up.

"Well, who knows. Cato might like berries too." I say making him smile. We start to walk again, on the way I get two birds while Peeta gets some more berries.

"Lets head to the pond by the cornicopia." he says. I nod and we walk to the clearing and the pond. We set a small camp and wait. Wait for Cato and the end of the games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so the end is coming! There will be about three or four more chapters so don't freak out yet.

Nikki :)