Chapter 13

((Hello! Enjoy this Michael Myers song by a favourite band of mine, Ice Nine Kills))

{Michael POV}

I usually despise walking in daylight, but today was very different. (Y/N) was beside me, walking and enjoying the sickly, sweet sun. As much as I hated the sun and being out during the day, I would do anything for her. 

As we walked in silence I stole glances in her direction out of the side of my mask every once in a while, watching her calmly walk beside me as if she didn't have a care in the world, she seemed so peaceful and so happy just to walk about. 

Walking through the trees back to the house I kept my eyes fixed forwards scanning the path ahead to make sure there was no one up there waiting for us or wandering around. It would be a big problem if we got caught during the day. I would have no way of going after them, especially with (Y/N) with me. 

Walking through the woods on a day like today would have been extremely hot, the sun was out and bright in the sky. I estimated that it was close to noon at this point the sun was directly above me and (Y/N), but the trees above us provided enough shade that it was cooler. 

Finally, I could spot the house in the distance, the dilapidated building was not a hard sight to miss. The crumbling white wood house stood out to the lush green woods like a sore thumb and I knew that we were in the clear, no one this close to the house would be out of my sight. 

I was suddenly very aware of eyes watching me and I looked over to the side where (Y/N) was walking beside me. She only stared for a quick second after I looked at her before she looked away but I could see all of the emotions in her face. 

(Y/N)'s face was so, so...

Flustered.

I had never seen her like that before, the way that her cheeks burned her skin a pinkish tone, and her eyes darted back and forth on the grass and brush underneath her feet. She was too embarrassed to look at me.

I felt my heart jolt in my chest just from her face, as (Y/N) continued to avoid looking at me I turned my head back to the path to continue scanning. 

I had no reason to continue to scan for people, we were so close to the house that no one would be hiding that I couldn't see, but I just had to keep my eyes off of her as much as she needed to keep her eyes off of me.

If I continued to look at her my longing for her would grow to be too much, I was suddenly compelled to move closer to her to envelope myself in her warmth. I held myself back though, I didn't want to scare her away, I wanted to make sure that I didn't force her away from me.

What was happening to me?

I quickly averted my thoughts away from her and focused on the house ahead of us. 

(Y/N) and I both stepped into the house together, I decided to linger in the doorway just a little bit longer as I watched her enter the house. I smiled at her wandering in, already comfortable with the place to know her way around. 

I watched her move throughout the house, she walked past the last body and moved into the living room where all of the blood had pooled on the ground. Without a second thought, she began looking for something to clean up the blood with.

After a few moments, I reluctantly peeled myself away from the doorway, picking up the last body and bringing them to the dump. 

I effortlessly and quietly slung the body over my shoulder and carried it out of the house.

The trip was effortless for me, I had held heavier objects before, but while I carried the bodies back to the dump my mind wandered. I knew well that I should be watching my surroundings but I couldn't help but think of (Y/N).